on 17 November 2013
Lasted 2 hours then fell apart - don't buy they are a waste of money. Didn't have a chance to rate the sound quality
on 29 October 2013
Complete rip-off, earpods are clearly fakes. They are poor quality and smell awful too. Even the box is rubbish and the lid doesn't fit.
on 8 November 2013
Really bad sound quality. Even my daughter thinks the sound is bad and her last pair of ear phones where from £1 shop.
on 14 November 2013
These are not genuine apple headphones. The quality of these are terrible compared to the real ones, you rather buy something cheaper since they have the same quality.
on 16 January 2014
AVOID AT ALL COSTS .the left earpod was not working upon arrival and only the right pod produced decent sound . This is a con and i recommend buying directly from Apple and not some rip off company .
on 30 August 2013
But they are not... poor imitation, not anything like the quality of the originals.. my daughter is not happy... better buy from Apple in future
on 30 December 2013
They're fake and lack any bass. My impression of this was that it is a bargain but it was too true.
on 16 November 2013
Well, the price should have been the giveaway, but if they were half decent, I wouldn't have minded. Everything looks ok until you put them in your ears. There is no real bass so they sound quite nasty in fact. Not only that, the one thing that alerted me to the fact they are fakes is that they were pretty quiet considering that they were supposedly Apple earbuds. My Ipods needed turning up pretty high to get a reasonable volume, so I changed back to the old Apple buds. Much louder and fuller!!!

So these are worse than the old buds. I've learned a lesson - I'm going to buy them from an Apple store.
on 22 June 2013
They were for my son, he used them once but wont use them again as he said they sound dull and flat.
on 25 October 2013
that their design is copied so quickly.

As first I wrote a bad supplier review because I believed they were distributing a fake Apple product. They sent me a real set of Apple earpods and I have had the chance to compare.

I am now satisfied that what I thought was fake is probably exactly the same manufactured product with a different trim. Apple earpods have silver grille type coverings on the holes, the others have black felt.

I remember when Microsoft did the same thing with MS DOS. They were comissioned by IBM to produce the software for IBM computers, but they sold it to other computer manufacturers. Big company ethics are not my concern.

In this case I am not sure that Apple are bothered about copies of their give-away headsets.

The new design is clever, though. The pods have a new large hole at the front end which touches on the side of your ear, presumably allowing the bass to resonate more through the outside shell of your ear. The very small hole on the outside of the pods allows air in and seems to make the bass deeper. The trable and mid-range sound have a much smaller hole in the normal position to allow sound to go straight into the ear.

All in all, a much better sound than the old headsets, and I am sure that Apple have set the template for yet another product. Headsets from now on will have holes. Pity if you are on a train next to a heavy metal lover