on 2 April 2013
Seemed the ideal solution to multiple charging cables. Unfortunately the internal 'tongue' in the female part of the connector bends down after a few uses and no longer connects to the micro USB connector. Will send back when have time...
on 1 October 2013
This review only applies to the product sold by Marketplace seller, Decrescent.

I received the adapter from them, loose, wrapped in my invoice and alarm bells were raised immediately. If you kinow anything about Apple you know how fiercly they protect their brand and it surprised me that this was supplied without any box or paperwork. Things got worse when I examined it; although superficially of similar appearence, as soon as i tried to use it, the little tang holding the pins in the female USB side bent back. I took it to a local authorised Apple dealer who compared it with the genuine Apple part who confirmed it was fake. I contacted Decrescent who refused to accept the Apple retailer's information and claimen that they had just sent one to Trading Standards who confirmed that it was genuine. This is clearly a load of BS.

If you want a genuine product then beware - Apple strictly controls it's product availability so you won't get a bargain anyway. However, if you want a poor quality chinese knock off that you can buy for £1 somewhere else and might well break the first time you use it and has the potential to damge your product feel free to but from Decrescent.

PS - Amazon refunded my purchase price under it's A - Z guarantee when Decrescent refused to.
33 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2013
Do NOT purchase this item. It is not a genuine Apple product. Badly made, USB cable will not plug in correct either.

When you plug it into an iOS device running iOS7 it says that it is not an authorised product.
on 29 June 2013
Not every white color product makes it apple. Apple means quality. Lose connection of this adaptor finally made me buy a new and original apple adaptor. I can feel the difference. This adaptor is total waste of money.
on 17 October 2013
This product is not accepted by my iPhone(s) as a "Certified Apple" product. Apple warns that it may not function. Indeed it doesn't function.

The Technical explanation:

Lightning adapters and cables contain a special chip that your Apple product it is plugged into queries to ascertain whether or not it is "Apple Certified". A "knock off" will only contain the wires and body of the adapter/cable ... no chip.

One more thing: I compared the "feel" of this item when plugging into an iPhone with a genuine Apple Lightning cable/adapter. The genuine (Apple) product slips in easily and then has a definite click. This unit is harder to slip in and has no discernible click, and unfortunately didn't actually work.

Functionality aside, the physical differences made me concerned about possible damage to the Lightning connector in my Apple product. I've tested this on a number of knock-off products and they behave the same.

I'm not an exclusive Apple-only fan by any means - which is why I wanted a lower cost accessory like this item. Unfortunately I could not use it (or others like it).

So my advice is: stick with the real thing if you value your expensive iPhone / iPad etc.
on 5 March 2014
I bought this due to the description which clearly says "Apple" but found it did not work. I complained and another was sent but this too did not work. When I took it to the Apple shop I was humiliated and told this was a fake product!!! I bought a real adapter from them which worked perfectly.
When I contacted the seller again I heard nothing back
Liar liar pants on fire
on 27 February 2015
This never really fitted well, neither it into the iPhone nor the micro usb plug into it. It kinda worked for a day or two but after a few plug/unplug cycles it started to not make a good connection. I've replaced it now with a different one from a reputable manufacturer.
on 17 November 2013
A couple of months after buying this product I was having problems with my phone losing its charge when plugged into my TomTom phone holder. After receiving support from Apple to determine the problem Apple identified that this adapter was fake and was reversing the charge. Due to the fact that I am a valued Apple Business customer the local business team at my Apple Store replaced this item with a genuine Apple adapter free of charge. Moral of the story buy direct from Apple rather than trying to save a few quid.
on 23 January 2016
You are getting not such a good product. This is because it cost me £1.90 and didn't treat me too well. I got this product and was very happy with the way it felt, but I was let down when I plugged it into me iPod because it worked but when I took the adapter off my Micro USB cable and plugged it into my phone and it didn't charge. Be vary carefull when putting this adapter onto your cable or you will need to get a spare or uy a new micro USB cable. So its only 2 stars this time
on 12 March 2015
Applies to "MC-Distribution", received the adaptor loose in an envelope. Not a genuine Apple product as advertised