on 1 November 2015
Don't spill a single drop of water on this keyboard, as it'll completely break. "You don't say?" I hear you reply. Well, a lot of keyboards allow a small drop of water on them and they don't break, these ones don't. These keyboards need a single drop of water and they'll wipe out your A, S keys (and others).
June 2013 - First ordered one of these keyboards
March 2014 - Replaced keyboard due to having a drop of water on the keyboard (I'm not joking, it was a single drop)
November 2015 - Proud that I got over a year out of my keyboard but I just had a small amount of water get on the keyboard and ruin it.

It's funny because my macbook keyboard still works (touch wood) and I've had it since 2011. I'm currently typing out this review on my macbook. So the annoying thing about the keyboard breaking is that I have to work from the laptop and not my desktop set-up. Meh, first world problems. Just don't expect this keyboard to be able to withstand much.

PROS
- When it isn't broken, it works great
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2013
Since Apple stopped supplying their machines with full size keyboards, Photoshop has become a tough application to use. This keyboard fixed a couple of annoying problems for me; the constant 'low battery' warnings from the wireless keyboard and the lack of a Delete key. The two additional USB ports are handy too.
on 4 August 2014
I've bought three of these. The first one I sprayed with some antibacterial spray and a little bit of it got into the workings and some keys stopped working. So I bought another, this one I spilled some tea (drink) on the board and again, some of the keys stopped working. I then bought another one. Yes, you've guessed it, I ruined the third one, more tea i'm afraid!
These cannot take getting wet - at all! A small spill shorts the circuits. So be warned. This is what I call built in obSPILLesence!!
Wonderful keyboards- the shallow depth keys are so comfortable to use and I would not go back to using any other keyboard despite their weakness for breaking.
on 27 November 2013
I was in two minds to get a cheaper board as this one is only for occasional use. I was right to spend more - its a pleasure to use. Keys are soft touch, but positive, and the sheer elegance of this keyboard will grace any surroundings. Just compare it to an MS board, and there is no comparison. Two USB sockets are supplied to plug in a mouse (one at either end) saving on 2 separate USB leads from the computer - how cool is that?
Its a well made unit, with a superb solid finish, designed by people that use keyboards for a living all day - that's fairly obvious.
Yes, it will cost more, but in the case of any Apple computer peripherals, you do indeed get what you pay for, and for something like a keyboard, you just want it to work with no sticking keys, no missed presses etc, and it will do that for you - no problem.
on 10 December 2013
I had never used a Apple Keyboard before, I am a touch typist and it is the best key board I have ever used they should be used in offices everywhere you are able to type so fast because the keys are positioned just right. I am hooked
on 23 September 2015
Keyboard is nice to use, I bought this as a replacement for the original keyboard that came with my 2008 iMac. The original keyboard lasted 7 years and still works, it's just some of the keys are very worn, slight dip in the 'n' and 'm' keys, and the '0' key on the numeric keypad fell off after a few months of buying it - I guess should have returned it to manufacturer. This new keyboard however, worked fine since purchase in July 2015, but 2 months later, the 'u' key no longer works. Rather gutted as it cost nearly £40. Otherwise it was great, slim, gentle to press buttons etc. It has a 1 yr warranty from manufacturer so amazon agr33d to tak3 it back v3ry kindly
on 12 November 2013
£35 for a UK-spec genuine Apple keyboard is superb. £ key present, all keys in the right place. Works seamlessly with my multi-screen set up and enables you to face the screen you are typing on. Key action superbly weighted. Additional keys such as "delete" very welcome. Highly recommended.
on 7 December 2015
These keyboards do look good. However after a while they do get grubby and are hard to clean. They never really clean back to original condition. I used wipes and on one occasion the liquid form the wipe seeped into the keyboard making it fail. I am not impressed with the build quality, and now on my 4th one in 4 years. But if you need a numeric keypad on your Mac, you don't have much choice.
on 29 July 2015
This is an official keyboard from apple, it comes in the usual white box from apple. This is the wired version with the numeric keypad on the side. I prefer a wired keyboard for my main station computer as I don’t have the issue with finding batteries or having to recharge the ones inside if I use rechargeable, They keys are similar to the ones you would find on a laptop with a small depth of travel. I like these sort of keys for when you are tying a lot, there seems to be a lot less strain on the fingers compared to say a gaming keyboard with the longer travel keys.

The only small annoyance I have with this keyboard has to do with the layout of the keys. I am so used to using a windows layout I often hit wrong keys when touch typing. It happens mostly with numeric operators on the number pad.

Overall this is a great keyboard and well worth the little extra you have to pay for it.
on 22 August 2014
I spend half my day typing at home and I just tipped a whole mug of tea over my 5 year old Sony laptop and killed it, after sobbing to myself and lamenting the possibility of having to pay £600 for a new computer (with windows 8? the devil!) or £120 to get my laptop fixed, I looked into buying a replacement keyboard. Most of the cheap keyboards looked okay but that they might be annoying to type on after a while so I decided to pay a bit more for the apple version. It worked right away and is an absolutely beautiful keyboard. I'm not a mac person but I must say they know how to make one of these puppies. Definitely worth the extra money, the key strike is shallow and regimented, making touch typing quiet and much, much easier. Highly recommend!! Also bought a cup with a lid on it and took the password off my computer....just in case!