I started a new job about 3 months ago and it's a bring your own kit kind of place. Everyone there is a techie and they all have MacBooks and kept at me to ditch my 17" Dell monster laptop and get a Mac. I do a lot of commuting and general travelling around with the laptop so the weighty Dell was becoming an issue and I finally decided to take their advice and buy a Mac after 20 odd years of Microsoft/PCs. After a few months of using my 13" MacBook Air I think I may be converted, it's a brilliant piece of kit. My only problem with it is that it has made all my other devices redundant, I have a 17" laptop, a desktop PC with triple monitors and an iPad, all of which never get used now. Work are just about to buy me a 27" thunderbolt monitor to plug my Air into, which I'm sure will be the final nail in the coffin for my desktop PC.
What do I love:
- Rock solid OS
- Instant on
- Long battery life
- Trackpad, when I now use a MS laptop I just find myself cursing its trackpad, the Mac one is pure brilliance
- Easy to use, I have had no issues at all getting used to it coming from a Windows environment
- I do a lot of presentations and have fallen in love with Keynote, I now hate PowerPoint if I ever have to use it. Best £14 I ever spent.
- iMovie, don't use it much but it's included for free and really easy to use
- No fan noise
What do I hate:
- I now have a load of expensive kit that I never use because the Air does the job of all of them
- My wife has a brand new ultrabook but I can see her eyeing up my Air and she keeps trying to steal it, so I expect it won't be long before I'm forced to buy her one
- Once I use it with the 27" display at work, I can see me 'needing' to shell out for one of those at home as well
All in all, can't see me buying another Microsoft based pc/laptop anytime soon.