Appillionaires: They Made Millions on the App Store. Could you?
Get advice from the pros and turn your app ideas into millions of dollars. Enter the secret world of the Appillionaires, an exclusive club of the world’s most successful iPhone and iPad developers.
Appillionaires explores the stories and wild personalities behind hundreds of successful apps including Whale Trail, Cut the Rope, World of Goo, Tiny wings and Pocket God.
This book is packed with exclusive interviews with the world’s top iPhone app creators:
• Meet the submarine commander who programs hit apps in his spare time.
• Meet the two brothers from Croatia who grew up to sell over ten million copies of their homemade iPhone game Doodle Jump.
• Get tips from the husband and wife team from Washington DC who made millions with their 99¢ App, Harbor Master – all based on an idea they came up with on a sailing trip.
• Discover how the journey to Angry Birds almost bankrupted the company that created it. And much, much more...
You’ll hear directly from these visionaries and many others, learning their techniques first-hand. The Appillionaires’ world is a weird and wonderful place where bedroom coders turn into millionaires overnight. It’s a land where teenage code-monkeys flirt with venture capital and the good die young, iPhones in hand.
• Learn how to structure your creative process based on the stories of the Appillionaires who made a fortune.
• Get professional tips on how to build excitement around your app launch.
• Explore real-world case studies where bedroom programmers have gone on to become millionaires.
• Take a glimpse behind the curtain and discover what really goes on behind the scenes of the App Store.
Written by journalist and Kirkus Star Award-winning author, Chris Stevens, Appillionaires exposes the real story behind the software on your iPhone. Chris is the designer behind the global smash app Alice for the iPad and has personally shipped over 500,000 apps. Chris has used his close relationships in the industry to gain unprecedented access to the geniuses behind the apps you love.