Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Sep 2012 11:54:05 BDT
Just wondered - I've got alleged delivery for release date for paying extra postage but still not shipped. Can only assume they'll be going out later today or first thing in the morning.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 20:26:20 BDT
I ended up buying mine from HMV and it was shipped out on Wednesday and I only paid £74.40

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 21:26:38 BDT
Thanks for that - not really that helpful though unless you ordered it from Amazon

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 23:56:53 BDT
Mine has not yet either and like yourself, ive paid extra to make sure I get it monday - i have mon and tues off of work to watch so ill be dissapointed if it arrives late

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 23:57:08 BDT
Mine has not yet either and like yourself, ive paid extra to make sure I get it monday - i have mon and tues off of work to watch so ill be dissapointed if it arrives late

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 10:19:53 BDT
I'm in the same position. Still not even processed payment, so they must be very confident that they'll be able to fulfil these orders in time for Monday.

I'm not optimistic though, as this is a carbon copy of the situation I was in last year for the Star Wars blu-ray release. I pre-ordered in January for release in September, and they only began shipping on the Saturday prior to launch. I didn't receive my copy until the following week, despite assurances that first class postage would guarantee release date delivery.

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen again!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 10:40:00 BDT
Fingers crossed indeed!

I pre ordered a month ago, got time off for the occasion, and amazon say it is guaranteed to arrive on Monday as I have paid for it first class. If it turns up late, who should I complain to?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 12:08:27 BDT
Loui422 says:
yep, email sent today saying it has been shipped

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 12:17:24 BDT
Mine is still on awaiting dispatch. If it turns up late and you paid for release day delivery, as has happened to me before if you email Amazon Customer Services they will apologise and refund the postage but I still have my fingers crossed. Given the high cost of the set they will probably courier them anyway.

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 15:27:24 BDT
Mine has gone from due for first class delivery on the 24th to due for dispatch on the 24th, cancelled along with several other orders, getting a bit fed up of amazon pulling this crap

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 18:44:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Sep 2012 18:45:08 BDT
M. A. Jones says:
You've got me a bit worried now. I pre-ordered this on 11th January, added 1st class post option a few months ago, and mine still says not yet dispatched.
I've never pre-ordered on Amazon before, is this usually a problem?

Edit: it still says you can get next day delivery up to 7pm on Sunday.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 18:45:57 BDT
Still not dispatched so rang customer services. Said could no longer guarantee delivery for Monday, so have cancelled my order.

Posted on 22 Sep 2012 23:46:13 BDT
B Browne says:
Had this ordered since early September. Still hadn't dispatched Saturday evening despite me paying extra for delivery. Get an e-mail Saturday night saying there's a problem with my card (which there isn't, I double checked). Poor show Amazon.

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 00:45:05 BDT
I fear the worst for my order - who do i contact at amazon to get even a partial refund?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2012 08:34:45 BDT
M. A. Jones says:
I emailed customer service. Was told there was a problem with the dispatch process that may take 48 hours to sort, so cancelled. Asda will be selling it for £87.97 I think.
I love Amazon usually, but I wont pre-order again!

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 20:17:28 BDT
B. HALL says:
Pre-ordered on Prime, and it shipped late Sat, arrived 9am Monday.

Posted on 13 Oct 2012 02:20:25 BDT
TMLS says:
For the record, pre-ordered on standard with 1st class. Despatched the Sunday (day before) before release, came Parcel Force on the Monday. Only way I could have faulted them was for making me wonder if I'd get it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  21 Sep 2012
Latest post:  13 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about