Anyone elses covers change on the home page?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Dec 2010 21:46:09 GMT
G Marsh says:
I opened up the Kindle app for pc home page today and all the covers of the books that I have purchased changed from the normal hard copy pictures to the very basic covers that are on the Kindle itself. Looks awful. Does anyone know how I can get the proper covers back?

Posted on 29 Mar 2011 18:17:31 BDT
How amazing! To find people at this late date who have a) not read any of these books, and b) don't like them (at least the first one).
Right off the bat, if you are not intrigued by Lisbeth, you have been lost to the book's appeal.
Secondly, if you are looking for lyrical writing, you have lost out.
Thirdly, if you don't understand mystery tropes you may be in trouble. In each of the three books, Larsson uses one or more basic genre formulae, which I think adds a touch of genius to his schema. In the first, he combines classic British cozy with classic locked room mystery, then throws in a Ross MacDonald style family history secret. A brilliant blend.
By the time he gets to Hornets', he has progressed largely to a modern legal thriller, with a smattering of John LeCarre' tossed in.
As far as social or political commentary, knowing his history makes it had to believe he is not trying to teach us something, though I do not think this detracts from the power of the yarns. Larsson was a man in the know; if he teaches, the material has merit.
Time is short, books are many. Thomas Mann and Ezra Pound and John Milton are difficult, but time has proved them rewarding, too. Never the less, I don't advise reading them, any more than I advise myself to eat raw fish. Nutritious, but ECH-PTUI.
Try Ken Bruen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  15 Dec 2010
Latest post:  29 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg; Keeland, Translator-Reg Larsson (Mass Market Paperback - 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,836)