Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Alan Wake (Xbox 360) forum

Anyone actually `get' the story? - SPOILERS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 May 2010 10:54:15 BDT
Jenny says:
As soon as wake found the clicker I thought that Alan must be a creation of Thomas, there's no other way that Tom could of known about the clicker. A lot of people seem to believe this and it does make sense, that's why Alan couldn't write stories anymore, he only wrote the ones that Thomas wrote into his story. But what I don't understand is why Tom needed Alan in the first place. The dark presence was dormant UNTIL Alan arrives at the town, why did Tom write that he went there?

If you believe that Alan is a `real' guy and isn't just a character in a book you're still left with questions. For one thing, how exactly is Thomas communicating with Alan, isn't he dead? Or does Tom exist now as part of the dark presence but manages to retain some of his `light' because of something he wrote when he wrote himself out of existence?

As for that TV program that was playing on most TV sets, I have no idea what that was all about.

Anyone got any theories??

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2010 17:13:39 BDT
Alan Wake was written into existance by Tom to destroy the darkness once and for all and for the darkness to actually make contact with Alan he needs to be a creative person who can bring i the darkness into existance like Tom (poet), Old gods of asguard (music writers) this is the only reason it uses him. Tom is written back into existance to help you when you where in the cabin to save you as you wrote him into the mauscript thats how you escaped the cabin.

The TVs show you what happened during Alans time in the cabin writing the mauscript during the week he couldnt remember this is show to you probably by tom to help you understand your destiny and a reason to stop the darkness other than to save your wife. The other TVs show a cheesey TV show called night springs which is simply there to give the game background. Alans first writing job was writing a script for the Tv show though i dont think you ever see his episode.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  21 May 2010
Latest post:  10 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Alan Wake (Xbox 360)
Alan Wake (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars (236)