Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Nov 2010 01:24:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2010 13:14:58 GMT
Perry C. says:
Greetings to you all!!....I live in New Jersey, USA. I took a chance and ordered this set (which is not available where I am) because I dislike sets of new releases that also contain regular (standard-def) DVD's and I don't use the digital copies. In my opinion, these extra included discs are a waste of money for those of us who don't want or need them (someone has to pay for their added cost, whatever it may be, namely us) and often it's a shelf space issue as well. We should always have a choice (in a perfect world)! So this basic set is perfect for me. I often buy great UK BD's and most of the time, I'm lucky and they play fine over here in our machines, despite Amazon's frequent warnings to the contrary (with info supplied to them by the studios, I imagine). Why is it always such a secret?! This particular set is presently on its way to me, but I'm very curious right now, if anyone knows for sure yet, if it will play on Region A machines over here. Disney titles are supposed to be the most mysterious along these lines, from what I've read on the boards. I still miss the HD DVD format, where this was not an issue! Thank you very much.....Perry

Posted on 22 Nov 2010 20:56:20 GMT
T. cardy says:
on the back of the box is says A B C my friend enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2010 13:17:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2010 16:36:34 GMT
Perry C. says:
That's great news, t.c......Thanks so much for your help!! And here's an UPDATE: Yesterday (Nov. 29) I received the set and I just wanted to assure buyers like me from the USA, that as t.c. said, all the BD's are unlocked and do indeed play wonderfully on our Region A machines. I tested all 4 discs in the set, including the extras, and they all play fine. This is great, because I'm sure there are others out there that don't want to be bothered with the clutter (and expense) of unwanted standard DVD's and digital copies. Needless to say, the quality is amazing, especially on Toy Story 3, which would surely qualify as a bona fide demo disc! Thanks again to t.c (T.cardy) and to Disney!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2010 23:07:29 GMT
can you please confirm if portuguese is in the language options?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2010 00:41:35 GMT
Lars Nielsen says:
http://blurayspecs.co.uk/blu-ray-movie/4917-toy-story-1-3-box-set-uk

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2010 04:34:03 GMT
Perry C. says:
Hi, Daniela....I just checked all 3 movies in this set (and also put one in the machine to be sure), and I'm sorry, there appears to be no language options in Portuguese, including the spoken languages as well as the subtitles.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2010 20:21:01 GMT
T. cardy says:
your welcome lasercat glad your happy with your set. Merry christmas!

Posted on 20 Jun 2011 03:18:47 BDT
When I look at the images of the boxes, I see only Region B listed. Can you confirm these are indeed Region Free?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2011 04:37:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2011 04:40:49 BDT
Perry C. says:
Hello, Joe....Please see my 11/23/2010 update (to my own original post), wherein I verified that these fine discs do indeed play in my Region A player, here in the USA. I prefer not to use the term "region free," because I can't verify play in regions other than my own, but I can personally confirm play here. Hope this helps and Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2011 05:32:21 BDT
Thanks, Perry. I did read your update but wanted to confirm nonetheless, especially as Amazon UK is usually pretty good about labeling items as Region Free, but this leads directly to the point you've just made :) In any case I have now placed my order. Thanks again!

Posted on 1 Nov 2011 15:15:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2011 15:15:56 GMT
5RK says:
Its work well on a Region C Player.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 04:51:36 GMT
A. Dionne says:
hi perry is it possible for you to check if theres a french audio track on all 3 of the movie please
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  22 Nov 2010
Latest post:  14 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions