Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Mar 2012 09:18:42 BDT
So if you plug in an 12 string, an 8 string or 15 string bass it will work?

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 00:01:08 BDT
Chris says:
The game works by detecting the notes, so any guitar which will play the notes its asking for will do, but the game wont have a mode which tells you which frets/strings to play on those guitars, you would have to translate it from the view of a 6-string. Not sure if the 12 string would work at all, it may confuse it

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 05:47:19 BDT
Renfield286 says:
There is a DLC for bass I believe, its already out in the states. may be available on release over here.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2012 15:55:51 BDT
When you first initialise the game it asks you what kind of guitar you have but the only options are variants of 6-string guitars. Any 6 string will work however, assuming it has a quater inch jack. A bass at the moment will not but by the time of the European release will be available as DLC but I wouldn't mind betting that's limited to 4 string basses. A 12 string (non-bass) really wouldn't work because of the string and fret detection in the game - it'd get seriously confused. 8 string (non-bass) should work, depending on the tuning - tune six of the strings to EADGEe and ignore the other two and that should be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2012 15:56:54 BDT
DLC is out in September in the states. It's not available here and won't be until the October 12th release.

Posted on 19 Sep 2012 21:14:13 BDT
i say says:
I really wanted to get this for my son. He was really excited about it when I told him the concept a few months ago.
I thought of getting pre-order for his Bday (£40 btw), but decided to check the playlist first. WTF I am 42 but don't know half the songs. My son has now looked at the songs and does not want it. He recognises 2 songs on it and knows less than 50% of the bands.
Pretty disappointed with the DLC content shown on their web site also, they all seem to have one song out of three worth learning.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2012 18:54:50 BDT
R. Napora says:
It's not Guitar Hero with its 5-button guitars and fancy songs. This is mainly supposed to teach you how to play guitar and it's more important to have different, even less known songs but relatively easy to learn for beginners rather than worldwide hits almost impossible to learn.

Seriously, your comment sounds like you're totally missing the point of this game.

Posted on 20 Sep 2012 20:25:15 BDT
i say says:
Lol, My point is it looks like a really good concept.
My son really wanted to get this game.
Now he doesn't.

I thought the song list was disappointing and he thought it was pants.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2012 02:15:25 BDT
and yet the point IS NOT THE SONGLIST

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 20:17:15 BDT
i say says:
The point is its a lost sale.
It could be the best game in the world and would double as teaching how to play the guitar - what could be better.

But not in this house.

Posted on 25 Sep 2012 11:18:41 BDT
When I first imported Rocksmith a year ago (and bought a real guitar and amp seperately), there were only 5 songs I knew and liked on the setlist. I came with an open mind and have since bought four albums by bands I'd never heard of before.

There are 3 songs I seriously don't like on the setlist. I will happily play any of the others. They take you from the simple to the very complex. Rocksmith teaches you guitar. I can now play several songs through note for note away from the game. This includes the likes of Plug in baby, all this for a very small investment.

Of course, If someone would rather spend £25 an hour for their son to slowly learn "Mary had a little lamb", good luck to 'em.

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 18:37:28 BDT
i say says:
''Of course, If someone would rather spend £25 an hour for their son to slowly learn "Mary had a little lamb", good luck to 'em.''

Lol you sound like a 40 something who wishes their parents had let them have guitar lessons when they were younger but had to learn music at school instead, on a recorder.

Look people can act like I have just said "Your football team are sh.....rubbish!" all you want but it doesn't change anything, the track list has put him off.

No-one has said, 'Tell your son he is wrong its the best damn song list in the world'; 'It's full of modern classics'; 'unforgettable riffs'; 'They are classics mate, you may not recognise the names but when you hear them you will go, oh that song I love it'.

At the moment he is learning Parisienne Walkways & Snow reading from real music, so not exactly nursery rhymes or Guitar Hero, and he now doesn't want to gamble his well earned birthday money on this.

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 21:34:40 BDT
B. Kermode says:
If he's into playing guitar and gaming then this is a must own game, i don't know many of the songs but it is still amazing to play them on a real guitar within a game

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 15:54:20 BDT
"Lol you sound like a 40 something who wishes their parents had let them have guitar lessons when they were younger but had to learn music at school instead, on a recorder."

And you sound like you are eight. At best. Your reasoning is flawed, as has been pointed out by others. If you can't deal with that, it sounds like your problem.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 21:50:37 BDT
i say says:
Mmmmm... do all forums turn in to pointless slanging matches. Simple critique of something and all gets blown out of proportion.

My son says the concept is good (this would mean it looks like a good idea for a game and he likes the idea) but he doesn't like the songs (This means that he doesn't know the songs; maybe because it needs more nursery rhymes or maybe because it just needs better songs). I have said this a few times.
Just to make it really clear, he thinks its a great concept... and so could have been a really great game.
I apologise for the obvious insults I have committed on the guitar playing community, but our opinion is our opinion.

PS I am happy with 8. It means I will be attending Big skool soon and will be able to learn the triangle as well as the recorder. Unfortunately it also means my wife is about to get arrested.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 21:59:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Oct 2012 22:00:25 BDT
i say says:
B. Kermode - Unfortunately he isn't going to want to spend £50 on the game that he is unsure of. (That makes a change cos he is always spending my money on stuff, then realising he doesn't like it). He will try it somehow and decide from there if the game is worth it for the game play. Its all about the songs. He wants to learn some classics and some newer songs but not a load of songs he hasn't heard of and therefore doesn't care if he can play or not. He will just have to carry on looking at tabs online.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  25 Mar 2012
Latest post:  6 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (Xbox 360)
Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (Xbox 360) by Ubisoft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (159)