on 25 October 2012
I'll let you in one a little secret if you promise to keep it between us - these things dont cost £17.99 to make!

I dont know how anyone could justify the price for these. OK so they're the official "made for kindle fire hd" screen
protectors, but so what? There are countless other screen protectors also made for kindle fire hd which offer similar
protection but at a fraction of the price. They will work just as well and dont cost as much as a blu-ray film

I'm guessing the company who manufacturers these struck a deal with Amazon allowing them to slap the "official" badge on
them, but they seem to be offloading that cost onto the consumer. These are horribly overpriced, please avoid and buy one
of the cheaper alternatives, use the money you just saved to buy a nice film.
66 comments|311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2013
Knowing how much you touch the screen this is essential, especially when taking outdoors. Doesn't interfere with vision and easy to clean off any greasy finger marks. Easy to fit and you wouldn't know it was on there.
on 26 October 2012
Having used anti scratch screen protectors on SLR cameras etc I was expecting at £17.99 for 3 a robust product.

However having fitted the first one it barely stayed on and appeared to have little adhesive power and quite flimsy when attached to the Hindle HD screen etc and the labels attached were not that easy to remove whole and left remanants on the protector requiring delicate removal. Also using the applicator card in an attempt to remove bubbles, it slightly scratched the screen protector even when used lightly [the cloth was better] and their were far too many small bubbles which would not disappear and this is despite being familair with using these products regularly.
The actual base holding the screen protector would have been a better product to attach as it was more robust although its thickness for touch-screen would need to be slightly thinner.

One would have thought with Amazons reputation such screen protectors would have been included with the product especially when spending £199 + £!7.99 on a powerfast charger + the £17.99 on these anti-scratch protectors which I feel was wasted money.

I was very disappointed with the quality and thickness of these protectors although I accept others will be satisfied, but my experience is they need to be thicker.
11 comment|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2013
I would really like to give these protectors no stars, but the minimum is one star.

Having followed the instructions for application meticulously, the protector still had loads of bubbles under it and the small, paper stickers that had been applied to the protector could not be removed without leaving part of the sticker behind.

As long as you use the screen of the Kindle HD Fire sensibly i.e. you just use a stylus and/or fingers to scroll and make selections, it is not necessary to protect the screen. It is made from gorilla glass which is very hard-wearing and durable.
on 9 January 2013
Admittedly the price cannot be justified in any way and it isn't easy to put on without creating air bubbles but having said the it does it's job just about although why is it really needed. The product is advertised as being made with toughened Gorilla Glass which leads one to believe it shouldn't scratch or break!!
My only real concern is that when it's fitted the screen becomes much darker and needs a good back light source. Maybe I should have waited a little longer to purchase it until all the niggly problems have been addressed.....specially the extortionate price for just a piece of clearish plastic covering, they are having a laugh.
on 11 July 2013
As soon as my new Kindle arrived from Amazon I was keen to apply the dust cover. It had come in the same order. Then I had untold difficulties for three frustrating days whilst Amazon kindle support and BT Hub and I tried to get the BT hub and the kindle to talk. In all of this time I was having to really bang on the screen in order to get any response from the touch screen. At dinner time I proudly presented my husband with the, now, working and connected, Kindle only for him to complain about the unresponsive keys. So I returned once more to the Kindle help line and , when I was told to take the cover off, found a totally new experience. Does anyone know of covers that are thinner? I so very nearly sent the kindle back to Amazon and have to thank them for their patience and support.
on 8 November 2012
Smears up to easily hard to wipe clean, better off without this anti scratch screen, anyway it is way over priced for three pieces of plastic
on 9 July 2013
The covers are not easy to fit, but using the little card supplied to smooth it out makes it easier to remove any air bubbles I still have a couple of tiny ones on the edge but none over the screen. I know my kindle is more protected now from my Grandson's sticky fingers.
on 8 November 2012
I do not usually review products, however in the case of the 3 pack screen protector, I am making an exception because of the poor reviews at the time I ordered it. Because of the difficulties some customers had in applying the protector, I fully expected to have problems as I can get bubbles in sticky labels! It seemed somewhat odd to be removing the first layer from underneath the item but it quickly became very obvious that this was the only way to be able to begin to stick it in the first corner. It took me about three attempts to get that first corner lined up. I then removed the rest of the first layer (from underneath) and the protector quickly flopped onto the screen. I hadn't intended for this to happen, thinking I would smooth it on gradually. However to my surprise there were very few bubbles and I was able to remove these with firm application of the plastic tool. Only then did I remove the second layer without problem. I have warm hands which can be quite moist and quickly discovered that I accumulated greasy finger prints all over the protected screen. I discovered that a Vivanco liquid screen cleaner which I had puchased dealt with these without any apparent damage to the protector. I have now purchased a stylus to minimise contact with the screen. Amazon: How about a screen protector cleaner for those greasy fingerprints?
on 10 December 2012
Too difficult to fit, bubbles appeared all over the surface, I couldn't get rid of them, destroyed the first one in trying. At over £17 for 3, just not worth it. This is the only purchase I made with the Kindle Fire HD that I wish I had not bought.