(1997/SMITHONIAN FOLKWAYS) 84 tracks (4 hours,16 minutes) LP sized box with 68 page booklet plus enhanced CD for Windows.
Perhaps the most influential collection in the history of recorded sound, the Anthology brought virtually unknown parts of America's musical heritage to public attention, and created a cultural wave with lasting impact. Smithsonian Folkways brings the Anthology to a new generation of listeners with digitally remastered sound, Smith's original handbook, and a 68-page book with essays by Greil Marcus and other noted writers, musicians and scholars. Play the enhanced sixth disc on your CD-ROM to access rare photos, historic video footage, artist interviews, and background information.Medium 1
- Henry Lee - JUSTICE, Dick
- Fatal Flower Garden - NELSTONE'S HAWAIIANS
- The House Carpenter - ASHLEY, Clarence
- Drunkard's Special - JONES, Coley
- Old Lady And The Devil - REED, Bill & Belle
- The Butcher's Boy - KAZEE, Buell
- The Wagoner's Lad - KAZEE, Buell
- King Kong Kitchie Kitchie Ke-Me-O - PARKER, Chubby
- Old Shoes And Leggins - DUNFORD, Uncle Eck
- Willie Moore - BURNETT, Richard & L. Rutherfo
- A Lazy Farmer Boy - CARTER, Buster & Preston Young
- Peg And Awl - CAROLINA TAR HEELS
- Ommie Wise - GRAYSON, G.B.
- My Name Is John Johanna - HARRELL, Kelly
- Bandit Cole Younger - CRAIN, Edward L.
- Charles Giteau - HARRELL, Kelly
- John Hardy Was A Desperate Little Man - CARTER FAMILY
- Gonna Die With My Hammer In My Hand - WILLIAMSON BROS & Curry
- Stackalee - HUTCHINSON, Frank
- White House Blues - POOLE, Charlie & NORTH CAROLIN
- Frankie - HURT, Mississippi John
- When The Great Ship Wen...