I love this album! my pre-order copy came today and I suppose I could be counted as a 'new' Kerry fan as although I had heard of her before now and thought she was very good, I never appreciated just how good she was until I heard this album.
Track by track:
1. Dangerland- very good start to the album, probably not my favourite, definately anthemic 4/5
2. Anthem- amazing, one of the best songs from chess and with added Brain May guitar, what more could you want! 5/5
3. I can't be your friend- Written by May and Black- incredible 5/5
4. Defying gravity- I don't think I need to say more than wow for this- 5/5
5. I'm not that girl- more rocky than it is in the musical, but this way it fits in more with the album, I like the song, but not as much as defying gravity 4/5
6. You have to be there- I have never heard this song before which is from a swedish musical written by Benny and Bjorn of ABBA - this may become another favourite 5/5
7. Love it when you call- My favourite song from 'The Feeling' and kerry does it justice and them some, great harmonies- 5/5
8. save me- cover of Queen song 3.5/5
9. Diamonds are forever- again another amazing version of a classic, kerry has a unique style and never sounds as though she is trying to copy anyone- not that she needs to, very atmospheric- 5/5
10. No one but you- this is by far the best song of the album, sounds as though this was written for her it suits her so well - 5/5
11 I loved a butterfly- more chilled end to the album 4/5
This album should do well, it deserves to as it fits so well with her voice and style, there is no filler and not a bad song on it!Buy this, you will not regret it.