Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Aug 2009 13:37:03 BDT
oconel says:
First it was announced this would be released on 17th August, then 5th October and now 23rd November? Does anybody know what's going on with this DVD?

Also, will it include any kind of extras?

Posted on 26 Aug 2009 13:53:14 BDT
GhostWolf says:
This is a bit crazy with the delays. I would think it would have the same extras as the split releases along with something new (at least I'm hoping). At least that's what happened when the full series one of Torchwood was released. Does this also mean it's getting released after the second series begin which also would not make sense.

Posted on 28 Aug 2009 11:30:30 BDT
sweetestel says:
The release date on the product page is back to "October 5, 2009"
And I've just received an e-mail saying that "We are no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item has been discontinued and is no longer available."

I'm a bit confused.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2009 12:34:46 BDT
oconel says:
Same here.

I've even tried to pre-order it again and the system allows me to do it. I have no idea if the cancelling email was a bug...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2009 13:50:38 BDT
I also just had a cancellation email. All very strange, I suppose perhaps it is better to wait for a bit and see what emerges?

Posted on 28 Aug 2009 14:23:47 BDT
GhostWolf says:
I don't understand all these recent cancellations numbers (so far 5 pre-orders have been canceled but still available for ordering). It might be a good idea to contact customer support (which I'm doing today). Something just doesn't sound right.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2009 21:00:45 BDT
oconel says:
Please let us know if you get an answer.

Thanks

Posted on 31 Aug 2009 19:46:14 BDT
GhostWolf says:
Hi, I received a response on Saturday about the high cancellations and that they are looking to see if there was a system error and not to re-order until I hear back from them. Will let you know what that response will be as well.

Posted on 31 Aug 2009 22:59:56 BDT
sweetestel says:
Well, they answered quickly! Thanks for the information!

Posted on 4 Sep 2009 12:02:37 BDT
oconel says:
I wrote to 2EntertainDVD about the Complete Series 1 DVD and I've just received this email from them:
"Dear [oconel],
I am very pleased to confirm that we do hope to release this title on the 5th October, this release will contain the same extras as per the previous releases.
Best regards
DVD Enquiry Team"

Posted on 6 Sep 2009 21:03:24 BDT
GhostWolf says:
I had a feeling it would have similar or extra content as the first two releases. The stupid dual releases appear to be happening for series 2 also (yuck). By the way, still waiting for a second reply on the auto cancelled. At this point, I'm just re-ordering.

Posted on 8 Sep 2009 18:56:41 BDT
sweetestel says:
Custumer support has probably no idea of what the fan's eagerness might look like! :p I'm re-ordering too, then.

Posted on 5 Oct 2009 18:10:06 BDT
David says:
I also got an e-mail saying that "We are no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item has been discontinued and is no longer available."

I managed to order the item from Play.Com who were happy to take my order and supply the DVD. Great shame as I prefer to order from Amazon
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xad8977bc)

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  24 Aug 2009
Latest post:  5 Oct 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Merlin: Complete First Season [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Merlin: Complete First Season [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC] by John Hurt (DVD - 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (232)