This is a great little piece of kit and has almost everything you would want in a movement and sound monitor. Being our first baby, we thought long and hard over our choice of monitor and in the end I think we picked the right product. As with everything there are features that are included in some products but not others and this one must lose a star for the lack of 2 way talkback functionality.
That being said, the sound quality from the one way system is top notch. The sensor pad is also a really really good idea. I could sleep through a brass band playing at the bottom of the bed and one morning while I was snoring away, unbeknown to me, my partner lifted the child from the cot and brought him downstairs. After 20 seconds the alarm (similar to a smoke alarm noise) went off and I was outta that bed like a shot standing over an empty cot in a state of panic with a heart rate of about 180... Thankful for the false alarm, but also because the damn thing works!
In a nutshell, the Angelcare does what it says on the tin and unlike some of the other reviews, it is quite easy to set up... if you read the manual.
- Great sound quality
- Multi channel/freq to cut down on interference from other devices e.g. wifi
- Movement monitor is brilliant
- Upper/Lower Temp monitor (alarm sounds when either is reached)
- Choice of Sound/Movement/Ticking - all three or any combination
- Volume control
- No 2 way talkback
- No built in lullabies
- Docking station is a wee bit flimsy when device is docked
- No audio-in Jack to connect MP3 player up (I'm getting picky now, but a well known competitor has this function)
Hope this helps.