4.5 out of 5 stars1,109
Style Name: AC300|Change

on 30 April 2015
Best thing I ever bought, well worth the money! Alarm started to go off and was able to quickly get to my daughter to shock her into breathing again. Would and have recommended
on 27 July 2009
What a task finding baby monitors is!!!! I did so much research but I really feel it paid off with this monitor. Firstly, who the hell needs a monitor with video? It's just insane to assume that you'll sit there all night looking at a 3 inch screen when you might as well just stand by the cot all night. The Angelcare saves you on this one because the movement sensor pad will tell you if there's something you need to deal with quickly. I was worried about false alarms, but after 3 weeks of using this we've not had one false start. I even ran some hardcore tests where I literally just stroked my fingers over the surface of the mattress and this thing picks it up. I then got paranoid and thought if it was this sensitive then surely it might mistake someone playing music loudly downstairs for heartbeat movement in the cot, so I did some jumping up and down next to the cot and it didn't pick that up - perfect, despite how dumb I looked at the time!

The handheld is nice and slick with a good user interface and shows the room temperature (not that I pay much attention to room thermometers - you know if it's too hot for crying out loud). It also doesn't contantly monitor the audio (which in other monitors means you sit in your living room listening to static hiss all night). This is clever by only playing audio when it detects baby crying. If the baby stops crying it will leave the audio channel open for a minute afterwards. You can also set alerts for if the temperature drops below or goes above a certain point (which you set yourself).

I've read some reviews moaning about build quality but honestly I don't get it; all these things feel a little bit 'Fisher Price' if you ask me, and actually I think these are well made compared to the competition - oh and don't worry about thick walls as the range on this is great (I got half way down the garden when testing).

The only thing some people have moaned about is that you can't sit the sensor pad on wooden slats (ie, the base of every cot) and you need a 6mm thick square of wood to sit the pad on. When you unpack the box you'll note there is a square piece of card which is on top of the sensor (just part of the packaging) and I use that and it works fine.

I've actively recommended it to friends because I think this is the best monitor you can buy and it won't break the bank.
1616 comments|535 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2012
Not normally one for writing product reviews on here, but felt I had to share our positive views about this one.

We've had one of these monitors since our baby boy was born - he's nearly 10 months now.

The alarm has gone off once previously, in the morning when he'd rolled up to the other end of his cot for a play. Obviously we panicked when we heard the alarm but were relieved the monitor had done its job, even though nothing bad would have happened if we hadn't had the monitor.

However, last night while we were getting ready for bed the alarm went off again. We were in his room about 2 seconds later but this time he wasn't playing, he had stopped breathing. We gave him a nudge to rouse him and fortunately he started breathing again and is absolutely fine.

He may well have started breathing again anyway, but given the unthinkable consequences if he hadn't I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It's not just the peace of mind that makes it a must-have, it's also the fact that it may one day genuinely prevent the worst from happening.
11 comment|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2015
All in all, product is OK and usable. Frankly, I expected little bit more from this product (at least not to have contact issues when Parent Unit should be charged at the dock; doesn't charge if not pressed or adjusted to some position).
on 11 January 2011
This morning our 7 week old daughter was sleeping in her cot, and the alarm went off. We both legged it upstairs and resuscitated her. I honestly believe this device just saved my daughters life, and can't recommend it enough.
0Comment|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2016
I can't live without this product while having a new born. (Actually used with my eldest for 3 years!)
(Can be tricky to set up, I recommend that you read the instructions and set up ahead of time, because my baby brain could not take this in!)

The alarm only went off a couple of times when baby was small and rolled too far from the sensor. But that didn't bother me.

It went off once also when my daughter was ill and she was laying on her back, she had been sick and was choking and was unable to breath, when I lifted her and tapped her back she was able to be fully sick and breath again. I cant say if this was a life saver, but I would never take the risk to not have a sensor pad.

It went off when our daughter was learning to sleep in her cot bed without sides, so I knew when she had fallen out (as I'm sure sometimes she did this in stealth mode!) and I could get her back in bed without any fuss (it usually didn't wake her either...she likes sleep just like her mum!)

You do have to use a piece of board cut to the cot base size to ensure the sensor pad is active through the whole of the mattress. But only a few £ from a fit store just take you're measurements.
on 27 June 2014
Very good alarm. Sounds alarm in babies room first then on parent unit when no movement is detected. Gives peace of mind whilst baby is napping I can do other things.
on 21 June 2013
Fantastic product, we couldn't be without it! It provides such good peace of mind when putting baby to bed. Would recommend every expectant parent to purchase this!!
on 5 October 2014
Priceless for the peace of mind it deliver. In the three years we've used it (on two kids), it's gone off maybe four times. Three of those times was because the child scooted to the far end of their mattress. One was because our three week old stopped breathing for a few seconds. He thankfully started again. I'd definitely recommend this.
on 16 November 2014