on 24 June 2010
Although it's timing may be a liitle late as PT have just toured with the incident album. This previous album tour shows just what a class act this band are.
First class production, fantastic musicians and absolutely haunting music.

FOABP was a step up in tempo and musicianship I thought but all the songs play so well live and the live raw egde brings something extra to the mix. The album is played in its entirty with then a dip into the back catalogue with an unsual but very effectice song choice - Half life and Dark matter not what you expect but produced so well.
This band really are the real deal and testament to what prog rock music is all about. Everything I pick up from this band is just awesome and although I got into PT after this tour it brings it home what I missed. I have since bought back catalogue seen them twice on the incident tour and have my tickets for the royal Albert Hall in October.

I thought the previous arriving somewhere could not be bettered - and possibly can't but this is just as good yet equally different.

This band cannot be praised enough - superb.In time no doubt the Bands stature will become as big as their playing but in the mean time I'll just enjoy them out of the mainstream in the concert halls where everything works for both the band , audience and the home DVD viewer so, so well as shown on this DVD.

Superb.
on 4 April 2015
This blu-ray Porcupine Tree album is a tour of the show "Fear Of The Planet". It was recorded in 2008. It is a show for those who like the band or like a progressive rock with a little hard. The repertoire is good. There is the blu-ray a few extras that complement well the work (video clips). Disk DVD is literally the show without the extra (unnecessary). Very Good! note 8.0.
on 13 June 2010
This is one of the greatest things I have ever put in my dvd player. I was a huge fan of the "Arriving Somewhere.." dvd and thought it easily rated as one of the finest music dvds out there. This dvd actually feels more intmate (largely due to the camera work I think and the audience), and almost cinematic.

I have to hand it to PT, I don't think there are any songs repeated from their last dvd. A lot of interesting choices, including the brilliant b-side "Drown with Me" from the In Absentia bonus tracks.

Highlights for me included "My Ashes" which is just heartbreaking, as well as "Anaesthetize" and "Dark Matter" (which for me is brought to life even more).

I went to see them during their Incident tour just passed, and I have to say this dvd captures pretty well actually seeing them live... not many dvds do that! Buy it, you will not regret it... I'm recommending it to everyone who is even remotely interested in music.
on 17 April 2016
Cool DVD+Blu-ray of Porcupine Tree. Fear of a blank planet is played from the very start and sets the standard. Excellent outfit of musicians producing innovative/progressive rock music which will reel you in time and time again. Highly addictive sounds. Pity there is no Porcupine Tree but maybe Steven Wilson will revive as a side project. Grossly underrated band. Buy it and be astounded. :-)
on 9 December 2011
I recently wrote a review for the DVD of ASBNH and was a little critical of the grainy quality and poor camera work. However, I also made mention of this Blu Ray.
This is just brilliant. The concert is incredible and the Blu Ray and sound quality only serve to enhance the experience.
PT are starting to receive the critical acclaim that they deserve and their musicianship is evident throughout. Some of the apparent 'throw away' guitar riffs and bass lines, not to mention Gavin Harrison's drumming left me speechless. There are no real stage effects just a video back drop to some of the tracks. Whilst they are good, I found myself so engrossed in one or other of the musicians that they really are a back drop.
I have watched this repeatedly and still marvel at the whole experience and you may catch the wry smiles on all the group member's faces at various stages in the concert, which indicates how much they are enjoying it and know that they are creating something special.
on 7 February 2014
The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music....
66 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2012
Firstly I must thank iTunes genius for bringing Porcupine Tree to my attention. I'm in my 50s so grew up with prog rock and whilst I have eclectic tastes and genuinely love all types of music - I particularly love Floyd, Genesis, Yes, Deep Purple & Zepellin to name but a few. It's not often I purchase new stuff that grabs my attention in the way that Steven Wilson has. Great music, I'm really pleased to be embarking on a new musical journey. Thanks to You tube I've looked at footage and interviews. Absolutely top notch.
on 11 November 2011
Just like all their stuff, this DVD is a must. Make sure you have a good surround sound to get the full pleasure and play it to the family, Indoctrination Rock. Ah, now there's a good name for an album.
on 24 August 2014
Quite simply, one of the best concert videos I have.

I could leave it there, but...

If I was to listen to only one band for the rest of my life, I would quite possibly choose Porcupine Tree. Fantastic musicians (Gavin Harrison's drumming alone throughout this concert had me transfixed), wonderful songs. As for this gig, John Wesley on backing vocals and guitar complements Wilson's project perfectly.

Filmed on the Fear Of A Blank Planet tour, this features the album in its entirety, plus. The sound quality is outstanding, the concert footage and video quality beats the also excellent Arriving Somewhere... (the other PT live video) hands down.

Send the wife and kids off to bed early, get the beers out and whack the volume up. Ignore their complaints and just immerse yourself.
on 24 December 2012
This is just incredible. I don't like live videos with effects covering up what is really happening. The sound quality and the execution of this music is the as good as it gets. Turn it up loud and witness pure genius.
Corvus Stone