Now that's what I call QUALITY .... The only jugs I have come across that are a perfect match for the De Longhi Magnifica. Prompt and efficient service. As for the Andrew James logo, I love it, and that is because these jugs ooze quality.

Modern bean to cup coffee machines tend to sport a shortish steamer and that is where this jug comes to the rescue. Most jugs are simply too large, some even have a lip which extends throughout the top circumference. This could easily lead to scratching the machine itself.

I bought numerous jugs prior to finally discovering Andrew James offerings. I found it was tailor-made for my coffee machine: no scratching, very high quality (the best I have seen yet), and the steamer fit perfectly. I also bought the smaller 330ml Andrew James Frothing Jug which I use the most of the time, even if I have to do multiple cappuccinos. (this is probably because I have had much more experience using the smaller one).

Initially you might need to use the Andrew James Milk Frothing Thermometer or any other high quality frothing thermometer in order to get the right temperature. With time you will master the "art" of producing some great froth.

The fact that this jug is made of thick (grade 202) stainless steel aids significantly to achieving some soothing professional looking cappuccinos.

Top marks from me.

Highly recommended !!
on 29 March 2011
All the good points noted by other reviewers are correct. We use it with a Gaggia Classic coffee machine and it is a little on the tall side to fit under the steamer spout without tipping. This makes it necessary to only half fill the jug with milk if you don't want to spill any froth when removing it. This is more a fault by Gaggia in not making the spout fold upwards. We are considering putting the Gaggia on a stand to raise it by about 1 cm.
Someone mentioned the label underneath the mug. We decided to leave it on. We also always wash by hand as the jug is much too nice to hazard in the dishwasher!
Not shown anywhere on the product description is the height of the jug. This is 11cms.
Before we bought this jug we used a china jug but this new jug makes much creamier froth for some reason.
I would recommend this product to everyone and the price is brilliant.
on 3 March 2011
This is a really nice jug, perfect size for my Delonghi Icona, which is great because I was a little worried that it might be too small or too big.

In the end it is the perfect size, and looks really really chic. Don't ruin it by washing in the dishwasher!
on 14 February 2011
As others have said, very well made jug for this price. It's made from surprisingly thick gauge steel, which gives it a pleasing heft.

The spout is formed integral to the body (unlike many low end jugs where the spout is a welded on afterthought), which helps it to pour well.

All the edges are beautifully rounded, so no harsh corners when handling it. Works well with my small espresso steamer nozzle, plenty of room to get a good froth on the milk.

Finally one thing that doesn't come out well in the picture is the pleasing proportions of the curve of the body.
on 8 June 2011
Andrew James is a name associated with quality kitchen accessories. This small jug is an example of such fine quality. If you are looking to steam heat milk for your next Latte or cappuccino at home or even in a catering environment this product fits the bill and your budget. 600ml is sufficient size to steam heat 3 large Latte glass measures and not take up space on your shelves afterwards. I highly recommend this product.
on 22 November 2015
A surprisingly capacious jug that holds more than it looks like it will. I started using it for frothing milk but soon found I was putting more in than I needed for just one cappuccino and as it's so big the frother on my machine didn't reach down to the single serving of milk level so I now mainly use it for filling up the water tank on my machine. It's a very well made just, looks good, has a quality feel to it and is easy to keep clean. it's perfect for machines with long frothing spouts on if just doing one drink or if you are doing two or more drinks.

I was very happy with the quality and the only negative for me was that the amount of milk I need for one drink combined with a short frothing spout on my machine rules out continuing to use it for frothing milk unless I'm doing two or more drinks.
on 2 May 2016
I needed a decent jug for use with my Espresso coffee machine to froth milk. Having tried both metal and plastic jugs I have found the metal ones give a quicker and better froth from my machine. However all the jugs I had were just too large for a single/double serving. This is a smaller brushed steel finished jug (just over half litre) which which produces enough frothed milk for 1 large cup (when using with hot chocolate etc) or 2 cups when used with the coffee machine.
on 18 December 2010
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this jug offered at such a good price.
Perfect size and design for it's purpose.
on 21 March 2016
The jug is a little smaller than I had expected, but that actually works really well with the coffee machine. Sturdy and nice quality. Have purchased a couple of the Andrew James products in the past and they are really good - they will last a very long time. The delivery service from their company was also excellent.
on 18 May 2014
Got this as I just purchased a new Nespresso machine with a milk frothing wand and so needed a stainless steel jug to best froth the milk in. I got the 330ml jug for when just frothing milk for one or two people and got this larger jug for when we have people over and need to do more at a time. This works really well with a shorter length of wand (on the Nespresso Maestria that we have it's just over 10cm). Only had it week or two so can't comment on longevity at the moment but it certainly seems well put together, especially considering the cheap price. If you're after a milk frothing jug for three or so people, and especially if you have the Maestria or similar with a wand that is only about 10cm, then you won't do better than this. If you only need it to do one or two at a time then the 330ml jug is spot on.