on 18 November 2013
Bought this for my other half, arrived quickly and was well packed. The machine is slightly larger than the Morphy Richards it replaced however, the recipe book that came with it is useless. After following the instructions in the manual to make either white or brown bread, she was left with uncooked lumps of dough and inedible bread which collapsed. She decided therefore to use the recipe book which had come with her original Morphy Richards and the bread was, and is, perfect. She also likes the hook which is used for removing the kneading blade, but she rarely uses it as it comes out easily after cooking. So far she has made white and brown bread and a fruit bread, all of which are great. If you ignore the accompanying handbook and use your own recipes, the bread maker is great. My other half is very happy with what she says is a great machine.
on 8 September 2014
I have been baking my own bread for at least 15 years and this is my 4th machine.The first 4 loaves in the Andrew James were disappointing.. After that the loaves have been good. The best setting for my type of bread (Wholemeal and rye) is the 3hr 40min setting. The bread is dryer then in my previous machines and if I try to make them more moist, they cave in.
The nut suspender is hit & miss (literally) I only put a small amount of seeds in and put them in a heap in the centre of the dispenser and they might hit target or cluster up in a corner.
On the whole I am pleased with this machine.
on 14 August 2014
after a bit of practice I get a perfect loaf every time, remember you must not put it in a draft or the contents will go flat the same as opening a conventional oven. I have made gluten free with good results, white bread is first class wholemeal and fruit loaves are the best. the recipes for white loaf I find need less salt and on dark setting. this is a great, very useful product.
Great looking bread maker arrived the next day even although I paid for standard delivery, well packed and arrived in perfect condition. remember for perfect bread a warm draft free environment will give you perfect results you can choose a large loaf or a cottage loaf always do gluten free first to avoid contamination throw the ingredients and go it really is as simple as that. ENJOY
on 9 August 2014
So far I'm delighted with this bread maker. Easy to use, simple instructions and the bread has turned out perfectly every time. Would have liked a more detailed recipe booklet but its easy to download recipes from the internet so not a big issue. Wish I'd bought one sooner, the bread is so much better than shop bought. Love the delayed start, it means I can load it up and go off to work then come home to a lovely smell of fresh bread. No negatives so far and would recommend especially at this price. Other bread makers are twice the price and honestly think they couldn't do a better job. Yet to try making cakes or jam but intend to. All in all a very good purchase.
on 19 January 2014
Firstly, after two weeks (8 uses) the lettering on the unit's buttons and bodies had worn off. The print is like a rub down transfer and only light rubbing when cleaning removes the text. Mine had to go back.

Of those 8 loaves,following measurements exactly (not hard as some were a kit) 50% failed either failing to rise or coming out like burned dust at the bottom of the unit.

The other 50% were delicious. Sadly on its normal programs it takes almost 4 hours to get a loaf. OK if you are out but not if you are hungry. We took to the 90 minute dough cycle and then baking the bread in the oven (defeating the point of the unit)

Rather unimpressed
on 6 March 2014
Arrived promptly and has a lot of different settings and this is the reason I only gave 4 stars. For me it has too many options but my son loves it and finds it so easy to use, so he has taken over and provides me with a variety of Breads. I also bought Bread Made Easy by Sara Lewis which has lots of interesting recipes, that are good to follow.
on 28 March 2014
I absolutely love it, I've made a loaf, two lots of rolls and a fruit bread, my husband has even made a loaf as well. It looks lovely, is easy to understand and the bread, so far, has been delicious. The only fault is with the handbook, the instructions are not the clearest and the recipes are basic in the extreme. Fortunately I'd read reviews to this effect so bought a couple of bread machine recipe books at the same time.
on 16 July 2014
I bought this machine in March 2014 and it has produced excellent bread. A fault developed but a couple of emails later and a returns label was sent. Dropped off at nearby convenience store on a Sunday afternoon using Collect Plus parcel collection/ delivery service and a replacement new machine arrived less than a week after it was received and tested by Andrew James. Great service - thanks very much.
on 1 May 2014
As a qualified head chef (retired) I can recommend this product provided you use Waitrose Canadian extra strong bread flour. NB I have never worked for Waitrose. Their product has the highest gluten count that I have found.To make high quality bread you need this high level of gluten. The control panel display is easy to understand. The appliance is well built. All the recipes are in metric only. The use of digital scales with both metric and imperial measurements is essential if like me you think in pounds and ounces. DO NOT USE BOTH IMPERIAL AND METRIC TOGETHER WHEN COOKING IT WILL NOT WORK.
on 13 April 2014
I ordered this item for my daughter. It worked for a few weeks and then developed a fault- it stopped cooking bread. After registering a problem through Amazon I had to enter into a series of e-mails with the supplier before being allowed to send it back. A replacement unit was received which worked for a few weeks..before it developed a fault and stopped cooking bread. I have asked to to send it back and have a refund...watch this space