on 1 March 2008
I've not read an ananotmy book that brings the subject to life as much as this one does. Explains thing clearly and concisely, and really helps with building up an image of how everything fits and works together. One of the previous comments was that this was not a novel - well in my humble opinion it's the closest you'll find from an anatomy book!
on 29 June 2012
This book has been the one that has most aided my understanding of how muscles and bones work together in creating movement and balance. The drawings are clear and and the writing succint becaue the author clearly knows about movement both as an observer of others and herself. Highly reccommended
on 27 September 2015
This is a brilliant book! It's extremely clear and full of fantastic diagrams.

I bought this to study anatomy for Pilates, having no previous anatomy knowledge this book was a relief to find as it concentrates on the parts you need for movement.

Can't recommend highly enough!
on 17 July 2010
I won't say that this is for everyone but definitely for those who have some knowledge already of anatomy. It is detailed and thorough and and well illustrated. I would heartily recommend the follow-on by the same author: Anatomy of Movement Exercises.
on 22 March 2010
This book is fantastic for learning about the connections between muscles and what movements use which muscles. I can't rate it high enough really brings the workings of the body to life in a very easy to understand way.
on 28 August 2010
By far the best book of anatomy I have read. Initially I was was dissapointed by the black and white drawing format but I was soon to see the exceptional clarity of the drawings and the text. Quite brilliant.
on 9 May 2013
The drawings, organisation and descriptions are perfect for my needs. This book has aided my understanding of bone and muscle structure and will help my walking fitness classes.
on 1 March 2014
Great illustrations comprehensive volume very digestible. Makes anatomy study more dynamic and applicable to body movement. Used it for yoga studies