- Paperback: 305 pages
- Publisher: Guilford Press; 1 Tra edition (22 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1462502458
- ISBN-13: 978-1462502455
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 15.2 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 401,204 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Data Analysis with Mplus (Methodology in the Social Sciences) Paperback – 22 Jan 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
"Mplus is arguably the most flexible commercially available software program for SEM and all of its special cases. Geiser has provided an admirable service to the community of researchers who use Mplus with this highly readable book. The book is an indispensable companion to more advanced SEM texts and is certainly an important supplementary text for graduate courses on SEM." - David Kaplan, PhD, , University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
"More and more researchers all over the world are using Mplus. I know of no other book that provides such a truly helpful tutorial on everything from the very first steps to how to run complicated SEM models like latent growth models. Beginners will very much appreciate how much attention the author pays to the basics. Many easy-to-make mistakes can be prevented by keeping this book within arm's reach. It is perfect for researchers at any career stage seeking an accessible, informative introduction to analyzing data with Mplus." - Rens van de Schoot, PhD, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
About the Author
Christian Geiser, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at Utah State University in Logan. His methodological research focuses on the development, evaluation, and application of latent variable psychometric models for longitudinal and multimethod data. In his substantive research, he focuses on individual differences in spatial abilities and how they can be explained.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Looking forward to the follow-up advanced book coming out.
Ignore any reviews that say the writer does not use M-PLUS.
As with any other SEM packages, the researcher needs to prepare the data in simple statistical packages such as SPSS or STATA. So you DO want the writer to write about this step to help you move on from SPSS to M_PLUS.
On the other hand, if you want more a book to induct you into more specialised SEM techniques, this is NOT your book.
Overall, a great introductory book that puts you into the picture quickly and effectively.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A note of caution: You will need the software, your hypothesis and databases to actually make good use of the book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics