Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 23 March 2014
'An Emerging Threat' tells the story of two very different characters setting off on separate yet simultaneous journeys to find out what is responsible for the darkness that is threatening their world.

First off I found it really easy to get into this story, as Lein's writing style is very accessible. I sympathised easily with the characters, particularly Oliver whose story gets off to a rough start. The fantasy creatures were well written and believable and there was nothing that took me out of the story.

I did find it a bit on the short side and as a result didn't see the characters develop as much as I would have liked but this is a problem that will easily be solved by reading the next book when it comes along. Though there wasn't a lot of dialogue, the book was rich with descriptions which helped bring to life the fantasy world Lein has created.

Overall I found this to be an enjoyable fantasy adventure which would be suitable for older children/young teenagers and upwards. I would recommend to fans of high fantasy, epic fantasy & YA adventure books.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse