Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.48

on 20 February 2013
Another excellent addition to the series. While I felt that part 3 had a light edge on this one it's still a very easy decision to give it 5 stars as it's just way ahead of most of what's going on in the comic world.

In this addition we have two storylines. The first is back when Skinner was still human and fighting in the Indian wars alongside Jim Book of all people. We get a bit of back story on the two and also get to see the man Skinner was before becoming an outlaw or vampire. We also get to meet a very old vampire which adds to the building mythos.

In story number two we are introduced to Travis Kid who is basically a badass hell bent on revenge. Now although this isn't a very original plotline it is handled very well and is a very enjoyable read. The prologue of this one however felt like a totally separate storyline and again introduces us to another new breed of vampire.

I liked that Skinner was in a lot of this book and missed seeing Pearl pop up. With this one it just felt like the story is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. I've loved every page of American Vampire so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. I just hope future issues are a bit bigger as this felt a lot smaller than the third instalment.

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Bring on part 5.
on 14 May 2013
This volume dovetails neatly and often very subtly into the American Vampire universe so make sure you re-read the previous books. There are three stories here, the first goes way back into Book and Skinner's history and the other two move the story into the 1950's.

Snyder is a master of storytelling, slowly planting seeds and drip feeding you clues until you work out what is going on in a satisfying epiphany. Rather than passively reading along you are encouraged to put together the pieces and work out the story for yourself.

Regular artist Albuquerque only draws one of the stories but the other artists are able to honour his style enough that you soon lose yourself in the world. All of them know better than to compete with the narrative and bide their time until a full page or double page spread gives them a chance to shine.

The world of American Vampire has grown beyond Skinner Sweet, and most of the characters we have met previously have some impact on the story here. There are no gratuitous cameos or clumsy crossovers. Everything happens for a reason, and usually one you hadn't suspected, but kick yourself for not seeing.

Brilliant storytelling deserving of a Thumbs Up!
on 5 May 2013
I am a regular comic reader and my brother is a keen comic collector so I have read lots of them.This series are one of the best I strongly recommend it.
The seller-service was excellent at every level.
on 16 July 2014
A decent communication of the series. A new character is introduced. I would have Liked to have seen more of the older characters but I'm sure they'll be back. I look forward to more in the series.
on 29 November 2012
I've enjoyed all the American vampire volumes and this is no different, good story lines and excellent art work. It's an all round great read or even for just checking out the drawings.
on 13 February 2014
Fans of the America Vampire series won't be disappointed as the story continues in Volume 4. The collection is available at an outstanding price so for fans this is a must buy.
on 8 July 2013
very interesting plot. Rise of American Vampires and continuing conflicts between different breeds of vampires and humans. Good reading. totally recomended.
on 21 February 2016
very good. product as described and delivered quickly.
on 30 June 2014
Excellent all round quality and speedy delivery!