Because these are short stories, I am going to go through each story and say if I liked it and why. The good thing about this book is the bad ones end quickly, but there were some I didn't want to end!
1. A Day in the Life of My Great Brit Book Tour--3 stars--ok. There is a pretty good looking cake recipe, although I haven't tried it yet to say if it is good! The story however is just so-so. Nothing notable to remember and kind of glad it was over.
2. Five--3.5 stars--I don't think this was the best story for a short story. Might have been ok as an intro for a longer book, but as a short story not that great.
3. Leaving a Light On--5 stars--This made a great short story, but I am not going to tell you more, b/c the ending as a suprise makes it wonderful!
4. Moving Day--3.75 stars--Pretty good, but not as good as #3 which it followed.
5. Yoga Babe--0 stars--Hated it! Makes all the other stories great. Why do I want to read about some egocedntric yoga chic! Skip it!
6. The Truth About Nigel--4.25 stars--I am slightly biased on this one, since Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite authors and the reason I bought the book. But this one of my favorites in the book.
7. Voodoo Dolls, C-cups and Eminem---5 Stars---I loved this story. Probably my most favorite in the book along with 10. I would recommend the book for this, #3, #6 and #10 alone.
8. The Bamboo Confessions--3.75 stars--Pretty good. It's about finding yourself and realizing who you are away from the people that seem to know you.
9. Amore--4 stars--this was pretty funny, although I wanted more at the end. I hope she found her foreign man!
10. Andromeda on the Street of Ducklings--5 stars--I would give this one ten if I could. Well I guess I can since it's my review and my rating :) This was a perfect short story that was the right length with the right amount of info at the right time.
11. Bad Manners--4 stars--Unfortunately most of us have dated an jerk like this. It was a good story that put it in a funny amusing context.
12. The Two-Month Itch--1 star--Not that great. I didn't enjoy it and it did nothing for me except annoyance.
13. I Know a Woman--3 stars--This was ok...the only reason I even gave it 3 stars, is the very last line is one of the most beautiful I have read. It won't give anything away if you skip immediately to this line and give it a read.
14. Just Visiting--5 Stars--This was great! I absolutely loved it and it made me laugh out loud. She didn't make the best decisions, but anyone can understand why she did it.
15. Forty Days--4.75 stars---didn't give it 5 simply b/c the ones I did give five were sooooo good. But it was a great story and great for the beginnning of a new year. This should be done all the time.
16. The Uncertainty Principle--1.75 stars--This was ok. Not as bad as some of the stories, but not that great.
17. Small Worlds--2 stars--The book ended on a couple of duds in my opinion. This was again decent, but definately not worth recommending the book for. The others in this book help make up the duds though.
I highly recommend this book. It's nice to read decent short stories, some of which are just great.