- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: University of California Press (15 Sept. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0520225678
- ISBN-13: 978-0520225671
- Product Dimensions: 25.3 x 24.3 x 1.1 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,856,500 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Amazons in the Drawing Room: The Art of Romaine Brooks Paperback – 15 Sep 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Whitney Chadwick is Professor of Art History at San Francisco State University and author of "Women, Art, and Society" (1990) as well as other books and articles on women in the arts and on surrealism. Joe Lucchesi is a visiting instructor of Art History at Carleton College, and curator of the exhibition of Brooks's art organized by the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
The current exhibition of Romaine Brooks's work at the National Museum of Women in the Arts marks both a culmination of the artist's growing critical reputation since her death in 1970 and the opening of completely new avenues for investigating her work and life. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Architects
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Nudes
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Portraits
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature > Erotica > Lesbian
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology