Style Name: 67 inch VideoChange

Style Name: 60 inch Light WeightVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This looked heavier than it is. It is nice and light, not too large to throw over your shoulder and carry or to pack in a suitcase if you want to take it away with you. The adjustable legs adjusted very easily with the quick release clips and by the using the very useful 2 spirit level indicators provided it was easy to get it set up dead level to be able to take nice straight photos.

It also comes with a quick release attachment to attach the camera to it. Unlike my old one which you had to position the camera on top and screw into from a knob underneath. This attachment made it easy to quickly attach the camera to the base and slot the base into the tripod in less than 30 seconds.

It's stable despite its weight and folds up easily to move with or without the camera attached. It is a good height and has a screwturn winder to further adjust the height of the camera once attached and of course the usual tilt handle.

For the price, it offers everything. If you are starting out in photography or want an inexpensive tripod for occasional use, this one will do the job. It is from the Amazon Basics range so do not expect top of the range but it is certainly sturdy enough and offers all the features you need to do the job it is intended to do. In fact, I am so pleased with it I have now started thinking of upgrading my camera and doing a bit more photography using this.
on 20 December 2014
This is a rebadged Ravelli APGL4 pro tripod, the pistol grip head is removable, so you could use the head on anouther tripod. The building quality is far greater than you would expect for this price. The head is solid cast aluminium so is far heavier than plastic tripod heads & anyone used to budget tripods with thin aluminium legs and plastic heads will get a shock at how heavy this is with thick gadge aluminium legs, cast aluminum joints etc it inconsiderately heavier, but as such very sturdy; this will not get knocked over easily. The head can also be connected to the bottom of the center shaft as well as the top, combine this with legs that can be angled in multiple ways, you can get your camera very low and angled in almost always you can imagine. The tripod bag is better than most bags supplied with budget tripods, but with the weight of this tripod I am not 100% confident about where the strap is sewn to the bag. The bag also contains a small zipped pocket on the inside to carry the spare quick release plate, manual & allan keys.
To summarise,
would I recommend - absolutely
Would I want to carry it round with me all day - no
Ideally a person would want a smaller lighter tripod as well as this one, I myself have 3 different tripods, an 2 different monopods each for a different purpose, there is no one shoe fit all! Although trying to explain the to my wife......! ;-)
on 28 May 2015
Stunning piece of kit... I have been a photographer for a long time now and i hear and read a lot of rubbish written and spoken about photographic kit... " Oh unless you have a "Blah blah blah" it will be rubbish and your photographs will suffer... Yawn Equipment snobs just too many of them in this game... I have only been using this now for a short time but every photographer i meet admires it and when i tell them the price the look of disbelief is amusing, they just cant believe it.. It is in a word fantastic for £30... My only reservation.. it is heavy, not prohibitively a good steady tripod should have an amount of weight and for long exposures its great... But for traveling it is rather heavy and if your physically impaired in some way perhaps go for the lighter one...
on 19 February 2014
This is a really good tripod. the quality is pro standard. the up and down motion on the video head is super smooth. The left and right motion needs a little work, but being that you can change the head to any tripod video head you want there is no reason to complain.

100% recommend this product
on 18 March 2015
6 out of 5 Stars. Well made, sturdy, absolutely fit for purpose as a general out and about tripod. Difficult for words to do it justice but I was considering one that was 5 times dearer and frankly didn't come close to this tripod. I'm 6'4" and have a bad back so I needed a tall tripod and once again this little gem delivered with height and stability. I'd like to buy one as a spare, but I really can't see this one breaking, it's solid. Highly recommended.
on 22 October 2015
I got this for £47 which is an amazing price for what you get. Amazing by far since this product could be easily marketed for at least twice as much.
It comes in a large cardboard box which contains a highly portable black cover 0.8 m tall. It took me about 30 minutes to put it together because it comes with no instructions and because I never used such a tripod before - hence I got confused along the way.
The entire bag weights 5 kg - which is a lot - so I would not recommend carrying it for too long since it will give you back pains for sure. Most major parts come pre-assembled but you will have to connect the gimbal to the main tripod. This is where I got confused. As you can see in the picture, the 3/4'' screw connects to the tripod but afterwards. When you try to rotate the gimbal, the screw will start unscrewing instead of rotating from the friction gear. Regardless of how much you loosen up the grip of the friction gear, it will continue to unscrew instead. However, there are also three screws on the tripod bar which you can tighten from below with the provided hex keys. Do that and you won't have any issues anymore.
In terms of usage, I've only used it with DSLR cameras for nocturnal photographs - and it works great. I like it better than your average photographic tripods since the long handles make so much easier finding them in the dark. Furthermore, I found out that using only one of the handles is sufficient as the other one brings no additional functionality. This also reduces the overall weight of the gimbal.
Also included in the bag you'll find an additional camera mount which is great since you can keep one mounted on your main camera and the second one in the tripod. Also included, there are two hex keys which are sufficient to get everything together.
On the negative side, the plastic bits of the gimbal feel cheap but they seem sufficiently sturdy.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Kind Regards
review image
on 13 May 2015
this is simply the best tripod for the money you'll ever buy, its rock solid and the head alone is worth more than the asking price, i got it mainly because of the height it goes up to, i am disabled and unable to bend down, i am 6 feet 8 inches tall and this tripod will extend to way more than my head height so i have no need to bend whatsoever, an entire avenue of photography is again open to me, also twin this with Neewer® LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control for pentax k5iis (or to suit your individual camera) and you have a rock solid time lapse / extended exposure set up for next to nothing, check out the spec its a re-badged Ravelli APGL4. very heavy and built to last, it inverts, the legs can lock at allsorts of angles, has an extra quick release camera plate too, with its own carrying case. bargain of the century, nothing comes close. top marks amazonbasics.
VINE VOICEon 24 April 2012
The Amazon basics tripod is constructed remarkably similarly to the Hama Star 62 (which retails at seventeen pounds). As this Amazon Basics model is currently un-priced on Amazon I would assume it would be a similar, if perhaps lower, in price than the Hama.

Construction is sound but not excellent. I've used my main tripod (of which I forget the make) for quite a number of years and it's of a very sturdy construct, though it was more expensive than twenty pounds. The Amazon Basics model is clearly inferior, but not to a huge degree. Some criticisms I would level at it are: The leg fasteners are a little flimsy (but do hold in place), the spirit level is quite small, the metal materials used aren't as strong as I'd like, and the height lever doesn't have a locking mechanism also the feet grips don't have a metal spike to give you extra hold.

However if I'm judging by price alone you get a very good tripod that will last as long as you're not throwing the thing around too much. A carry case comes in very handy and keeps the tripod stored neatly. It has two spirit levels to make sure you're on level ground (which is helpful) and a hook to hang cases, bags etc from when shooting. The feet grips swivel, which again gives you additional help leveling the tripod.

Assuming the price is below twenty pounds for this tripod I would certainly give it a shot if you're on a budget. It's not cheap and flimsy and will last.
on 28 March 2015
To be honest, I was dubious before receiving the tripod of the quality. I had no need to worry though, this is a fantastic piece of equipment for the price and I don't believe there is any reason to go for an alternative in this price range. I have mainly used this at work with an iphone 6 plus mount to record tutorials and it has done the job really well. You can adjust the tripod so much that it will fit almost any situation. It's lightweight so very easy to carry around, yet gives you a option to hook weight on to it, to stabilise when using outside in wind. Although probably not recommended with this tripod, I have also used my Nikon D600 with 300mm lens, which is pretty hefty! But I must say the tripod coped extremely well.

All in all a very good tripod, worth every penny and not worth risking going for another brand at this price!
on 9 October 2012
I got this Tripod from Amazon back in August and was immediately impressed with it. Having checked out a few Tripods in a couple of local camera shops prior to ordering this one, I was not expecting too much. This one compares very well with those of similar quality I had previously viewed. Yes, the legs are aluminium and yes, the locks on the legs and all the components at the top of the tripod are plastic but it feels good, substantial plastic. With regard to its stability when used outdoors, well, I would say that on level ground and in a non windy situation it would be fine. Let's be fair, to leave expensive equipment on a tripod unattended and especially outdoors would be rather foolish. Even with a weight hanging on the hook provided, it would not be a wise thing to do. I recently purchased from Amazon a Nikon D5100 SLR camera with the 18-55m kit lens. At the same time I bought the 55-300m lens for zoom use. With the big lens at full stretch, attached to the camera, I have mounted it on the tripod and it is very stable especially if you ensure the lens is directly above one of the legs. The features on the tripod are very good. Camera attaching plate, panning arm, levelling bubbles, cranking facility and locking points are all there and they work well. With careful use, I have no doubt that this piece of equipment will serve me well for a long time. For the keen amateur like myself, this is a good tripod to begin with at a very good price and I would recommend it.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse