on 23 October 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As you read through the reviews of this product, a number of criticisms are levelled at it. All these criticisms seem valid. The case is large: much too large to fit in your pocket. If the glove compartment in your car is large enough (and tidy enough!) you may find that it will fit in there. This is not just a case which you can slip your GPS unit into, and then slip into your jacket pocket.

The case has a number of internal mesh dividers. Two of them are zipped and one has velcro to close it. These smaller pockets can usefully accommodate spare memory cards or a camera battery (for example). The larger pockets can be used for cables, GPS units, mobile phones, chargers (provided the plug isn't too bulky) and so on. With the larger pocket, there is nothing to constrain the various items it may contain from moving around and hitting each other. Anything particularly delicate might benefit from a bit of padding around it.

As others have pointed out, there is no substantial internal padding. And, because the case is quite large (and not especially rigid), there is a certain amount of flexion in it. This does raise a bit of a question mark over how much protection it will offer.

When the case arrived I must admit to a certain amount of disappointment with it. However, it was packed with various bits of electronic gadgetry, thrown into a holdall, and survived a trip to Greece. In fact, I was grateful for any level of protection it offered to its contents as the holdall had clearly been handled quite roughly in transit.

If you are considering this product, keep in mind the criticisms which are mentioned. In particular, get a feel for its dimensions because you may otherwise be surprised by its size.
0Comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2011
Even though its not quite designed for the product it works really well,plenty of room for the sat nav and wires etc.
Helps keep the sat nav safe when not in use preventing screen scratches etc and keeps all the wires together with it;which if you are like me is a bonus as i tend to throw the wires in one part of the car and the sat nav in another.
In summary it does exactly what the description says,Basic Travel Case Frustration free.
on 18 August 2013
I took this wee travel case on my 18 hour journey from Scotland to Las Vegas.

I cannot recommend it highly enough!

It is such a simple little thing, but it organises and holds so many of your gadgets and bits and bobs together in the same place. It gave me peace of mind and stopped me from losing anything (my partner, who didnt have one of these, lost his kindle on the plane as he was too busy fiddling around with all the other things he had to pack back into his carry on!).ylus.

I was able to fit my kindle into this (i have the kindle with the keyboard). I also had my ipod, earphones, two chargers (for my phone and ipod), my mobile phone, a pen, pencil, eraser, stylus and there was still room in there for other little bits n bobs! There is also a handy little outer pocket which can hold a passport and boarding pass perfectly!

I am honestly never going to travel without this again.

This is a god send for anyone who has OCD or loves to be organised!
on 15 September 2013
This is a great case.

I use it to hold all my power cables, USB cables, phone chargers, power adaptors, USB sticks, wires and spare batteries when I travel.

By keeping them all in one place they are easy to find, and by throwing this case into my check-in suitcase rather than my hand baggage, the airport x-ray is so much easier for me.

So good that I purchased two more.
on 3 February 2011
I got this as a freebie when I bought my TomTom. I am absolutely delighted with it. It is perfect for the job, with space for all the cords and paperwork I like to keep with my SatNav. It is easy to open and close and stays securely zipped.

I also love the handle which means I can cart it around on my wrist and still have my hands free.

Highly recommended.
on 18 September 2011
Having read the reviews, I decided that it was just the protective case I needed for my Sat Nav (Snooper S7000 Truckmate 7'x4'). It fits nice and snug in the in the internal pouch, including the adapter etc. As an added bonus I also carry my WD portable hard drive and Davey driver hour guard in the case at the same time giving me 3 in 1 protection. Well happy with the product.
on 20 January 2011
This is just the right shape, size, colour and stiffness to use as a storage device for Sat nav. Can be easily popped under seat or put in the boot.
on 10 January 2011
Received this free when I purchased a sat nav. Expecting something cheap and nasty I got a big surprise. This is a very well constructed case that will hold any sat nav plus a lot more. Would recommend this without hesitation.AmazonBasics GPS Travel Case for 3.5- and 4.3-ch GPS Navigators [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]
on 30 May 2013
I bought this as I was looking for a uniform way of storing the various small gadgets I own, together with the chargers, cables, docks, etc that go with them. The plan was to buy one of these cases for each device and then store them on a bookshelf, with a tag attached to the zip to identify the contents. Sounds a bit OCD I know, but I was fed up of digging through a plastic crate of cables every time I wanted to charge something and figured this would be tidier (and cheaper) than buying a load of different sized and shaped device-specific cases. I did read the other reviews criticising the size and protective capability of these cases, however I figured this wouldnt be such an issue for me as I wanted to use them purely for storage rather than transit protection (most of the devices I travel with already have decent travel cases anyway). The list price seemed a bit high to me, as it wasnt much different to other 'branded' device cases. However a quick scan through the marketplace sellers shows that there are loads of these for sale by the 'Amazon Warehouse' in like-new condition for only £2.40.

When it arrived it was certainly in as-new condition; I presume these are probably unused customer returns that Amazon can no longer sell at full price. Thinking I'd gotten myself a bargain I quickly set about attempting to test my idea. Sadly, it didnt really work out.
The device I chose to test it with was my digital camera, an average sized point and shoot which comes with a small soft camera case, a plastic caddy for the battery charger, a usb cable, spare SD card and a standard 'figure 8' power cable with a UK plug on the end. Try as I might, I could not figure out any way of storing all of these items in an effective way using the case's seemingly random selection of pockets and compartments. They're just all the wrong size (mainly too small), or in totally the wrong position (mainly pressing against each other when you try and close the case). I gave up with the camera and tried my sat nav as this has less accessories, but had pretty much the same problem. It just seems like whoever designed this case spent no time thinking about the things you actually might want to store in it. I could certainly think of plenty of different items you could store together in the pockets of the case, but no idea as to why you would store any of them together!

I did eventually find a use for it, as a way of keeping a few of my small gadgets in their respective travel cases together when slung in a suitcase - but this is really a convenience rather than a neccessity. If you wanted something for the same reason then you could certainly do a lot worse for £2.40, but I wouldnt recommend it for any other use.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First impressions - this case is an awful lot bigger than it needs to be to hold even a 4.3" screen satnav. Internally, it measures around 9" by 5.5" by 1.5", so forget about stuffing it into a pocket or handbag. It will hold a lot of stuff - it's clearly designed to be a case for keeping a gadget together with its cables, charger and so on. It has comfortably swallowed my iPod, dock, charger, remote, UK, European and US plugs, video cable and headphones, and there's still space left over.

The case is hard and holds its shape, and will provide a decent degree of protection to the contents. Inside are various mesh dividers to hold things in place - one side is covered by a single mesh net, and the other has one smaller open mesh pocket and two zipped mesh wallets and one closed with Velcro. It's not a bad design - none of the pockets seem to have a particular purpose in mind, but they all look useful to prevent everything falling out when you open it. There's also a detachable wrist strap on a ring on the outside.

The main zip goes 3/4 of the way around the case, so it can be opened out flat like a book for ease of access.

Overall, a nice way of transporting a small gadget with all its bits and bobs. Even the usually obtrusive Amazon Basics branding is comparably restrained here - a small metal plate with the logo embossed into it on the front, and logos on the two external zip pulls. Recommended for anyone who travels with their gadgets - I can see it getting a lot of use.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse