on 18 January 2014
When you'd see this cable without knowing the price you might very well think it is a lot more expensive than it actually is. The cable looks and - more importantly - feel like a very high quality product. The cable is fairly thick as far as USB cables go, yet quite flexible. The plus on both sides feel like they are well made and the Amazon logo on them looks great. The connectors are gold plated and fit snugly in a USB port.

As far as functionality goes, it works. That's all I can say about it, really. One might complain about the fact that it is a USB 2.0 instead of a USB 3.0 cable. For most devices the increased speed doesn't make a difference at all (the most obvious exception being external hard drives, but these use a different connector), so in my opinion that is a moot point.

So for me it is the best cable for the job. Looks good, feels well made and it works just fine. Plus it has a nice price to go with it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 January 2015
I wanted a longer USB cable to connect a printer to my desktop, which sits on a different table a little distance away. In the past, I replaced a malfunctioning printer cable with one equipped with gold-plated connectors and I knew from this experience that quality makes a big difference, so I looked specifically for gold-plated connectors and not the cheapest cable I could find.

I am very happy with this purchase. Although it's only a piece of wire, it is essential to operate my printer. The AmazonBasics cable is sturdy yet flexible, the connectors have a look of quality and, unless it's a coincidence, my oldish printer seems to work more reliably.

I had previously bought a 1.8 m cable for my camcorder and all I have said above also applies to that cable. A very good product at an affordable price. The product was packaged adequately in environmentally-friendly cardboard.
on 12 January 2015
This cable is just what I needed. let's my plug the USB 2 hub from my monitor into my PC. My Monitos hub how has my webcam plugged in, which make for a neat cabling setup.

The cable is long enough to run around my desk, plug into my PC and have enough slack that I can pull the pc out from under the desk without needing to worry about cables snagging.
on 17 December 2014
Super long cable which is very handy if your computer/laptop isn't close to your printer. This doesn't matter as much for me but may be useful for others. Expected it to break quickly due to it not really being a big brand and being quite cheap but it has lasted a while and the end of the cable do look very strong and sturdy. Would definitely recommend.
on 10 June 2014
Bargain item, it's a cable, can't say much more! Sent very quickly, nice basic packaging, does it's job perfectly - recommended item if you need this sort of thing, can't fault it
on 23 October 2014
Excellent, delivered before expected very well packed extremely well made and does an excellent job. I don't believe you will get a similar product at this price.
on 7 April 2015
Very simply a great product there is no need to buy any expensive ones this is well packaged and is perfect for my USB MIDI Keyboard.
Great :)
on 10 May 2015
Well built and flexible cable with nicely finished plugs. A bit longer than your average 3m cable (10 foot). Does the job perfectly.
on 3 April 2014
Amazon basics USB cable...

Does what is says on the tin :-)

No problems here. Works fine as per advertisement.
on 30 December 2013
Nice cable at a nice price.

I bought this for my new USB audio interface and it performs very well indeed.

See one answered question