TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Our household has two iPods as well as other items, so this unit was very useful on a recent hoiday with the car. It allows you to top up the iPods as you go.

It is of course a very "basic" unit - a bit ugly and with black plastic very much in evidence. But it does the job and is something you can throw in a bag when going on a trip out or holiday using your car. In this respect it doesn't take up much space and can become part of your regular travelling "kit" of essentials.

Amazon's packaging was very minimal and as usual, a great antidote to most similar products, which come in unopenable sealed plastic units; which inevitably need to be hacked at with scissors or knife.

All in all, a useful item that is presented with the minimun of fuss. It does the job and is basic - as you would expect.
on 19 November 2012
I bought this as it had the double USB output and would be helpful to both charge the phone and power the gps unit on trips. I does the work and it's solidly made.
The blue led is quite bright and can be a bit distracting at night though!
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a simple, neat and very handy little item that is well worth keeping in the car for those occasions when some or other gadget needs charging. The number of times when we set off somewhere and, after a few minutes, realise one of us forgot to charge an mp3 player, for example, have been high, and now this 2-port charger can end such frustrations. It's simple to use and, so far (I've had it about a month and used it several times), it's very effective.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 September 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been reasonable impressed with this charger. It came in easy-to-open packaging, and although it's pretty ugly and basic-looking, that doesn't really matter when you're only using it in the car. It fit into my cigarette lighter perfectly (I have a Citroen). As soon as I plugged an appliance in the blue light on the unit came on to indicate charging.

I find this really useful for charging my Ipod in the car as before this I didn't have a car charger for my Ipod. I can charge mine and my husband's at the same time which is great, and although it's not the fastest charger I've used, it's not too shabby and I found that a half-hour journey was enough to charge one Ipod about halfway. I can also use it for our phones, though it's slower (of course) than using individual chargers.

This is a cheap, convenient piece of kit and I would recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 18 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It does the specified job; but it is big and clumsy and prone to falling out of vertical sockets if nudged with the hand in use.
I have a Tom Tom version, which is tiny by comparison - but thought I needed a second for the other car.

It will do the job and a good price, so its a good 'un.

PS: Amazon stuck so much tape around the 'simple' packing box - it took a Stanley knife to open it and some cussing!
The object of basic and simple packaging is in the statement - must be a newby on shift.
on 20 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This item is an amazon basic item, having said that, its not cheap and nasty.
It feels substantial, a nice weight to it, and features two USB ports.
Fits nicely into my power socket in my car, and power is indicated by a very bright blue l.e.d.
Can't say much more about it....does the job perfectly....one slight drawback I could mention is that its not particularly discreet....sticks out a far way from the dashboard.

Recommended though
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This gets a solid 4 star stars from me because it does exactly what it's meant to do at a reasonable price and is now something I use all the time thanks to it's ability to run my sat nav and charge my phone at the same time.

As an in car charger it does the job well and I actually got this to replace the two much more expensive HTC chargers i've had which both looked pretty swanky but never actually worked.

I see some people have mentioned that it's very slow at charging but that is nothing to do with the charger, that's just a common side effect of using a low powered cigarette lighter to charge devices that usually use the mains and the 2.1 amp convertor in this is actually better than most others which are generally only 1 amp.

The only drawback is that charging two devices on it is a bit hit and miss as the two USB sockets are very close together so if the actual USB sockets on your cables are a bit bulkier than normal you can struggle to fit both in without them dislodging each other.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What can be said about a 2-port USB car charger....

Well the first thing is it works fine, charges my Nokia phone OK and also my Creative MP3 player, as for the claimed 2.1 amp output well I'm not too sure about that as it seemed S L O W compared to mains charging.

The unit is of an acceptable size, around 4inch(100mm) in length top to tail so not the smallest device on the market, the accessory socket in my car(no cigarette lighter !!) is tucked away behind a fold down panel, so to use this charger the panel has to be left open with the charger sticking out, a little annoying.

One thing to note about this device is that it has a fuse , the end of the plug unscrews , if the device fails then replace the fuse first (20mm 2amp time lag type)if it blows again bin it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an ugly looking usb charger in as much as it sticks out of the socket in the car a fair bit. Add to that the rather cheap looking plastic, and you can see that this is living up to the basic badge. According to the blurb it has intelligent charging - when you have two devices plugged in it directs power to where it is most needed. I can't tell if it actually doing this - but it would have been more impressive if it directed more power when only one device is plugged in. If you need more than a trickle for your ipad / iphone this may not be the device for you. It is so slow as to make you wonder whether it is actually working.

So bonus marked for having a double usb slot - but this could have been so much better.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This unit is exactly as you expect, plug into the lighter, two USB slots... Charged all the items it said, my phone, my ipod... The only negative points with it are that its rather plastic flimsy feeling, and being so large (long) you plug it in and you can knock it with your arm easily, breaking it being a possibility.

The size is also a problem fitting it into certain vehicles, for instance in my Peugeot 206 I was able to plug the unit in not problem, as the lighter socket is mounted on the surface, however in my Ford C-Max the lighter socket is located down inside a cubby-hole, so in the C-Max the sides of the cubby hole held the unit slightly off alignment... You could still use it, but it was a tight fit.