Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jul 2008 23:25:51 BDT
Gawkocracy says:
Will there be the Amazon exclusive boxed set like last year?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2008 13:04:26 BDT
Probably not, i don't think it's up to Amazon to release a special edition, but if you look at it like this:

Series 1: Standard Edition and Tardis Police Box Limited Edition
Series 2: Standard Edition and Cybermen Exclusive Edition
Series 3: Standard Edition and Limited Edition Lenticular Master Sleeve

so....there is a chance there might be...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2008 15:49:49 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
i think the standards are good enough...cheaper:)
and the master boxset looked a bit...well...tacky
the cyberman edition takes up too much space.
so ill jus buy the regular edition of series 4.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 18:31:37 BDT
same, i first bought the tardis edition of the first series but the packaging is naff, the disc pannel for the 2nd disc just falls off and the box itself is very fragile, so i just sold it on ebay.

i was going to get the cyberman edition of the 2nd season but after reading the reveiws for it where people said the clasp is flimsy and the silver comes off after peeling away the strip and the cyberman is only plastic, i decided against it.

as for the 3rd season, the lenticular master sleeve was a bit too much money aka over 100 so i thought whats the point, im not exactly gonna cherish it am i.

so yeah, standard editions pretty much rock by themselves lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Sep 2008 22:29:30 BDT
A. FISHER says:
Over 100 for series 3? I didn't pay that much for it. In fact it was still cheaper than HMV which didn't have the hologram cover.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2008 13:45:41 BDT
I did exactly the same - bought the tardis one and regretted it. The packaging was flimsy and bits kept coming unglued, and the magnet that was supposed to hold the box shut never worked so it always flapped open. The only result was that it took up stupid amounts of space on the shelf...

So I sold it and used the money to replace it with the standard boxset. Haven't even considered buying any of the "special" packaging since. I totally love Doctor Who and would always buy the boxsets, but I'm not too impressed with much of the merchandise.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2008 02:37:36 BDT
J. Kemp says:
I agree that the special editions are a bit excessive, but hey, I'm a completest! I really must have my Amazon special edition series 4!!

We're getting close to the delivery date. Has there been any news regarding a special edition for series 4? I seem to remember the special editions over the past few years being announced much further in advance to this, sad to say. This does not bode well for my compulsion.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2008 12:37:59 BDT
D. Torrance says:
Remember there was a Woolworths edition of Series 3 too, with a Dalek sleeve.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2008 21:07:12 BDT
Yes, only seen a couple of them on eBay...i should have won the bid for a brand new and sealed version but i was broke at the time :(

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 01:03:31 GMT
D. Torrance says:
It's a bit late to find this out, and I don't know if I should be posting about it here, but it looks like HMV are doing a special edition : http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=858311

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 19:29:11 GMT
yup, though this special edition shares a very similar colour scheme to the series 3 standard edition, and this standard edition of series 4 has a very similar colour scheme to the standard edition of series 2...looks like their running out of ideas for front covers...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 03:15:23 GMT
Pma Sinclair says:
But, that cover is for sale all over New Zealand
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  12 Jul 2008
Latest post:  15 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned, 2007 Christmas Special  [DVD]
Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned, 2007 Christmas Special [DVD] by David Tennant (DVD - 2008)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (47)