- Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 23.1 x 1.6 cm ; 308 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 381 g (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00DR0CB84
- Item model number: 53-001090
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (152 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 14 Oct. 2013
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Standing Leather Origami Case (3rd generation - 2013 release), Blue
|Price:||£29.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£30.00 (50%)|
- Launches the camera app automatically when you slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (3rd generation - 2013 release) up in the case
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Covers device fully and is secured magnetically for easy attachment and removal
- Saves battery life with automatic wake and sleep
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Top-quality natural leather with matching microfibre interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
Discounts on Kindle & Fire Accessories
Discover our selection of accessories with discounts starting from 25% off. Shop now
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Colour Name: Blue
Amazon Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to fit your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" perfectly and provide complete protection, front and back. The case is secured magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic fastener will ensure your case stays shut whilst on the go.
This innovative case puts your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" to sleep automatically when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening, saving battery life while making it easy to jump back into your apps, games, films, books, and more.
Crafted from premium natural leather and matching microfibre interior, the case protects your tablet and keeps your screen clean.
Capture Every Moment
Exclusive Camera Ready feature makes it quick and easy to take pictures so you can capture all your precious moments – simply slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" up in the case and the camera automatically starts, allowing you to quickly snap a picture.
Whether you are browsing the web at home, enjoying a movie on the plane, or working while on the go, our integrated Origami case stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetized Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" securely upright for steady viewing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It is a very well thought out product but just does not work for me.
When I explained my difficulty Amazon very kindly accepted the return of the case.
I am very satisfied with the service and support provided by the Amazon Team and cannot praise them enough.
For all these smart design features, and after designing a tablet as superbly lightweight as the Kindle Fire HDX, it seems odd that this proprietary case undoes all that hard work. The case makes the kindle stupidly heavy and uncomfortable to hold, and the origami folds that allow you to prop up the kindle into viewing positions only add to the discomfort as it tends to sag and force your hand to compensate for the lack of stability.
The Kindle fits into the case seamlessly and is held there magnetically, and the case allows you to push the tablet up a couple of inches in order to use the forward facing camera and flash.
So far so good, eh?
Actually, I am less than delighted with it, for a number of reasons;
- It's overpriced
- I am not convinced how secure it is (the folding leather case for the 7" kindle fire HD is much better in my opinion)
- the case forces the (supplied) usb charging connector in at a slight angle, which concerns me
- it is hopelessly insecure standing on a flat surface, and I could not get it to stand at all on my desk at work
- It's not that comfortable to hold and I find I have to hold it with my fingers splayed across the back, which is tiring
- the case is so magnetic that metal objects stick to it, which makes me concerned about it being near credit cards etc
I am now using the much more practical Otterbox cover for my Kindle, and to be honest wish I hadn't laid out £60 for this one - it's OK, but no more than that.
I have no confidence in this case.
Good quality and recommended if you want to keep your Kindle safe from accidents/mistreatment, though I have to admit to preferring the more sturdy leather case that Amazon had for the Kindle Fire HD; the lid/flap on this HDX cover feels odd to close, it doesn't feel like you're closing a book.
It does cover up the speakers at the back of the Kindle, however, it doesn't seem to make much difference to the sound to be honest.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Guess what? 3rd attempt at getting Amazon to provide a cover that fits one of their Kindle Fire tablets. Sure enough, fail again, doesn't fitPublished 1 month ago by simon white
Having purchased one each of these for both myself and my wife, we are very pleased indeed with the fact that they protect our Kindle Fire HDX 8. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Andrew McCann
This product's forum
Colour Name: Blue
Search Customer Discussions