Well made and good looking leather case with integral magnet that puts your Kindle to sleep when closed. Deeply 'hinged' cover that folds to form a stand or for you to hold.
The Kindle fits into the case seamlessly and is held there magnetically, and the case allows you to push the tablet up a couple of inches in order to use the forward facing camera and flash.
So far so good, eh?
Actually, I am less than delighted with it, for a number of reasons;
- It's overpriced
- I am not convinced how secure it is (the folding leather case for the 7" kindle fire HD is much better in my opinion)
- the case forces the (supplied) usb charging connector in at a slight angle, which concerns me
- it is hopelessly insecure standing on a flat surface, and I could not get it to stand at all on my desk at work
- It's not that comfortable to hold and I find I have to hold it with my fingers splayed across the back, which is tiring
- the case is so magnetic that metal objects stick to it, which makes me concerned about it being near credit cards etc
I am now using the much more practical Otterbox cover for my Kindle, and to be honest wish I hadn't laid out £60 for this one - it's OK, but no more than that.