- Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 23.1 x 1.6 cm ; 308 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 381 g (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00DULN40O
- Item model number: 53-002311
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (68 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 14 Oct. 2013
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Standing Origami Case (3rd generation - 2013 release)
|Price:||£24.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£25.00 (50%)|
- Launches the camera app automatically when you slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (3rd generation - 2013 release) up in the case
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Covers device fully and is secured magnetically for easy attachment and removal
- Saves battery life with automatic wake and sleep
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Hard-wearing polyurethane with matching microfibre interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
Discounts on Kindle & Fire Accessories
Discover our selection of accessories with discounts starting from 25% off. Shop now
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Amazon Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to fit your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" perfectly and provide complete protection, front and back. The case is secured magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic fastener will ensure your case stays shut whilst on the go.
This innovative case puts your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" to sleep automatically when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening, saving battery life while making it easy to jump back into your apps, games, films, books, and more.
Crafted from premium natural leather and matching microfibre interior, the case protects your tablet and keeps your screen clean.
Capture Every Moment
Exclusive Camera Ready feature makes it quick and easy to take pictures so you can capture all your precious moments – simply slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" up in the case and the camera automatically starts, allowing you to quickly snap a picture.
Whether you are browsing the web at home, enjoying a movie on the plane, or working while on the go, our integrated Origami case stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetized Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" securely upright for steady viewing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The case is a clever design and certainly different to what we've seen before. In my view, one of the best aspects of it is how easily the Kindle can be removed completely when you are holding it. The Kindle Fire HDX is so light and feels great in the hand, and this case changes things completely.Read more ›
I thus decided to buy this case though it cost 25% of my weeks OAP pension.
I rarely drop my Kindles or Fires but I have dropped this HDX 8.9" three times already both inside the case and with the case folded over. No damage. In one incident the film carried on playing.
I did discover when once picking up the Fire in case that had fallen origami side down that I found I picked it up along with many silver / gold coloured jump rings attached. (Jump rings are used to attach charms to bracelets or to join up pieces of jewellery - some too small to pick up without tweezers). What a blessing this has been. So I now purposely place the Kindle Fire on the floor near my feet after a jewellery making session to collect all the tiny dropped ring scattered about - just brush off the rings and place it on the floor again where the rings lurk.
The case also as someone else said allows sound to reach my old ears very well. My other 8.9" tablet has to be standing upright in it's Poetic case otherwise it's sound is muted.
I can watch my films horizontally on this HDX 8.9" in the case but for vertically I take the tablet out of the case and put it in a stand.
I still think the price is too high though.
That was always a problem with my iPad and I'm glad it is fixed.
I love the sturdy nature of this cover.
Downsides are not important to me:
1. It adds to the weight and bulk. In fact I think I prefer the tablet to have a bit more heft (I'm not all that strong; in case you are wondering!)
2. The slide-up facility feels a bit insecure and wobbly. I'm afraid the tablet might go flying one day!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was absolutely useless, at my age it was too much to handle as the Kindle fire didn't clip into it and so, I kept on dropping it.Published 24 days ago by Beryl Croft
Not as good as hoped, trying to find out how to do ordinary things is difficult, have to learn new ways of working for just about everything. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Winnie
offers good protection for my kindle, and very useful for hands-free reading.Published 2 months ago by Patrick Geraghty
I bought one of these a few years ago and it was wonderful. I then bought a second in the summer and gave it to my daughter with her new Kindle Fire HDX. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very good, well made cover etc.,.
Main downer....Far too heavy. Makes my Kindle like a Brick!
Sorry Amazon, this one not the right idea. Read more
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions