Amazon Fire Game Controller (1st Generation - 2014 Release)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Play more games - The Amazon Fire Game Controller doubles the number of games you can play on your Fire TV, including Minecraft - Pocket Edition and Asphalt 8
- Full set of controls - Featuring dual analogue sticks and all the controls a gamer would expect, plus illuminated player indicators for multiplayer gaming
- Affordable games - Many games are available to play for free and paid games start from only £0.59
- Leaderboards and achievements - The Amazon GameCircle button lets you instantly track progress and compare scores with friends and millions of other gamers
- Long battery life - Auto-sleep with instant-wake maximises play time, providing up to 55 hours with the included AA batteries
Top Customer Reviews
I have had NO problems with this at all. Its arrives in frustration free packaging and its incredibly easy to install the batteries which Amazon thoughtfully supply, so you are good to go as soon as it arrives.
The build quality easily rivals Playstation controllers build quality so I was delighted upon my initial inspection of it. Its not light nor cheap and nasty. Its a good weight (whilst not being too heavy to hold) and superbly crafted. Well done Amazon!
It works beautifully! In every way, no sticking as reported by other reviewers. No dragging, no nothing. Fast and furious as I play :) I'm using this with Game of Thrones and it makes playing a whole lot more fun than when I was just using the Fire TV remote.
A winner! I love it and highly recommend it to you all.
For that price I expect better.
I'll persevere with it and see if more regular use will make it better, but my initial belief is that it will end up in a drawer.
As stated elsewhere this has really awkward button feel. They stick the d-pad is terrible and the joystick are floppy and just not right.
But the main reason I am sending mine back is that for some incredibly odd reason when pressing the play pause button it turns my TV ON and OFF!?!! It's so weird. It's a 2008/9 Phillips so no idea why its doing it... it's not even bluetooth.
Also even 7 months after release, there seems to be a massive lack of games that actually use this thing properly. When Apple release theirs ATV4 with Appstore... you can bet there will be hundreds of good games.
The actual Fire TV player is great though. Keeping that.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used this since day one with my Amazon Fire TV, Highly recommend if you plan to use for gaming, mine is still fully working, build quality is excellent, even the original batteries... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mr D V W B
Good control pad from Amazon, use it with fire tv stick and works as expected for games and does what the remote control does.Published 3 months ago by ida