Amazon E-mail from my complaint

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jul 2007 21:14:36 BDT
Mr. R. Heath says:
"We are very sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order #***-******-8874842. I can understand that this is not what you expected while you placed this order. I've confirmed that your order for the new Harry Potter book was dispatched in time for delivery on Saturday, July 21. I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received this package. We usually allow one working day for First Class Royal Mail deliveries to arrive within the UK, although regrettably there can sometimes be unforeseen delays. We ask that you wait a little longer and if you have still not received a delivery by close of business on July 24, please contact us using the link below so that we can ensure the completion of your order"

Amazon you didnt answer any of my questions and have upset me further! What are you playing at? One business day? My book was dispatched 3 days ago! Wheres my compensation?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 21:23:00 BDT
Elizabeth says:
id play bloody hell, god they are beeing so evil, take them to the bbc or watchdog lol, sue em for all they got

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 21:33:00 BDT
D. Hext says:
I had the exact same reply to my complaint! My account says the book was dispatched on Tuesday, I've still not received it.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 21:41:24 BDT
K. L. Dowber says:
My account still says it has to be despatched, despite ordering the book on 03 march 2007!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 21:41:52 BDT
A corporate and standard reply... I wouldn't be at all surprised that Amazon knoe this would happen. If I wasn't so miffed by the attitude shown to customers, I'd write a comedy about it.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 23:00:43 BDT
Chrisie says:
It said my book was dispatched on the 14th, must be coming by BOAT !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2007 23:04:10 BDT
HeatherV says:
At least you have had yours dispatched already... mine is still scheduled for dispatch between July 24 - 26. Unbelievable...

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2007 04:21:33 BDT
A BookReader says:
Remember that it's just a book, not a heart transplant valve or flood pump you're waiting for.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2007 09:17:06 BDT
Have had exactly the same response, email to say book had been despatched on the 18th but not received, it seems too easy just to blame the Royal Mail....and despite blatantly asking for compensation twice and having ongoing email correspondence about the apparent lack of interest from them still have not had a satisfactory outcome!! Book did arrive eventually - after I had already purchased elsewhere on Saturday so have arranged for it to be returned and have indicated to Amazon that I will be starting to use other online sellers or traditional book shops in future!!

Am awaiting response from my last email but am not holding my breath!!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2007 10:00:33 BDT
Perseverance has paid off...Amazon today have offered me £8.99 as a gesture of goodwill and apology for the delay in me receiving HP book! My continued emails and magic wand waving obviously had the desired effect!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2007 10:38:02 BDT
Love to Read says:
Amazon have not replied to me and i still don-t have the book. What makes me angry is the extra i paid for the exprexx postage. I contacted dhl italy and they are being very helpfull in trying to find out what has happened they also confirmed that the book should have arrived on saturday seeing that it was despatched on friday but they still can not find any record according to my tracking number. Maybe Jk should write an eight book Harry Potter and the missing books

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2007 11:46:10 BDT
Ms. R. Crump says:
did you actually ASK for compensation? i did and gotthis email back...

"Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk

I've confirmed that your order for the new Harry Potter book was
dispatched in time for delivery on Saturday, July 21. I'm sorry to
hear that you have not yet received this package.

We usually allow one working day for First Class Royal Mail
deliveries to arrive within the UK, although regrettably there can
sometimes be unforeseen delays. We ask that you wait a little longer
and if you have still not received a delivery by close of business
on July 24, please contact us using the link below so that we can
ensure the completion of your order:

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-mi?c=dxdaedyu3420717453&q=uko2

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail. Please use the link above to send us your reply.

Please note that Royal Mail may have tried to deliver your order. In
this case, they should have left a delivery card with a map at the
back to assist you in finding your local delivery office. For this
reason we would appreciate it if you could check if you have
received this card.

Please rest assured that your package is on its way and that we are
willing to do everything we can to make sure you receive your order.

Because your order qualified for release-date delivery and you did
not receive the book on Saturday, we would like to give you a 8.99
GBP promotional gift certificate, for use towards your next
Amazon.co.uk order.
"

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2007 10:28:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Jul 2007 10:31:55 BDT
A. Scott says:
Well maybe next time, you'll pre-order it and pick it up from a shop.

I pre ordered mine from Waterstones. it was so much fun to go and line up and buy it.

By the way, I am a solicitor in consumer law: legally you are not entitled to a single penny in compensation for such a minor delay. Such delays with post would be reasonably forseaable. And to be perfectly honest you all CHOSE to buy online and have it delivered rather than have the absolute certainty of going out on saturday to buy it from a shop for the same price of £8.99.

You need some perspective. It a BOOK!!!!!!! Talking about suing them for all they've got: waht loss have you suffered? As I said you could have bought it from the shop and be certain you'd get it on time.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jul 2007 10:36:45 BDT
I pre-ordered my book from Waterstone's too. I wasn't going to wait for my book to show up whenever from Amazon.

Posted on 6 Sep 2012 18:56:44 BDT
pete says:
i orded somthing on amazon i orded it on the 3rd of september and i choosed to get it gaurentead for the 5th of september i phoned them up they gave me a refund for the P&P then they said they promised it would come the next day but it never came so i phoned them today aswell and they wouldnt tell me were it is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  21 Jul 2007
Latest post:  6 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,344)