- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Altos Las Hormigas Valle de Uco Malbec Terroir 2010 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£43.08 (£14.36 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.89 (10%)|
- Vivid notes of strawberry, ripe cherry and blueberry are wrapped in a balance of smoke, minerality and chocolate, resulting in a complex and elegant Malbec specific to its origins
- On the palate the texture is lively, full and pleasant, with round tannins in harmony with the natural acidity and juicy fruit provided by the maturity of the berries
- The grapes are harvested by hand from a blend of high density vineyards located in the Valle de Uco sub-regions of Vista Flores, Altamira and San Carlos
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
A deep red, violet-hued Malbec. Vivid notes of strawberry, ripe cherry and blueberry are wrapped in a balance of smoke, minerality and chocolate, resulting in a complex and elegant Malbec specific to its origins. On the palate the texture is lively, full and pleasant, with round tannins in harmony with the natural acidity and juicy fruit provided by the maturity of the berries. A profound finish, long and delicate.
The grapes are harvested by hand from a blend of high density vineyards located in the Valle de Uco sub-regions of Vista Flores, Altamira and San Carlos. Yields were 9 tons per hectare.
The health of the grapes was exceptional. The colours were slow to appear, but at the last moment they did with splendour, giving rise to very good wines and good concentration especially in the Uco Valley. The winter was relatively mild, with very few days of intensely cold weather. The spring was very dry with no rain. The summer was very hot and dry, and many plants needed extra water. Full maturity was achieved due to careful irrigation management, which balanced the strength of the harvest, resulting in a perfect evolution of the phenols, and clusters in excellent health.
Grapes from different vineyards were vinified separately before the final blend. The grapes were selected from a double selection table and were gently pressed before the cold maceration process began in small stainless steel tanks for five days at 10 degree C. The alcoholic fermentation began with indigenous yeasts at 28-30 degree C for 12 days, with a long maceration. Three rack-and-returns took place during this time, together with four punching-overs each day, for the best extraction. Two thirds of this Malbec was aged on oak for 10 months and one third was aged unoaked in cement ‘piletas‘. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2010; Grape varieties: 100% Malbec; Region: Valle de Uco, Argentina; Winemaker: Alberto Antonini/Attilio Pagli; Closure: DIAM Cork; Classification: IGT; Alcohol (ABV): 14.60%; Acidity: 5.3g/l; Residual Sugar: 2.3g/l; Wine pH: 3.72.