Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Mar 2012 09:59:44 GMT
What a con, the entire book cost me £11.99 on 15 July 2011, I almost got suckered into paying £5.99 for half of the same book I bought last year. This is marketed as a new book, it isn't. It is just a cynical ploy to rip off honest customers. Amazon should make it clear that if you already have the entire book there is absolutely nothing new in this half.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 11:20:22 GMT
Totally agree with Mr aj Wilson, I also nearly got suckered into this con. Amazon should make it clear that this is not a new book. Worst of all was the disapointment, as I was so looking forward to reading it.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 11:33:04 GMT
Liam says:
Thankfully I read the feedback BEFORE pre-ordering....but it was a close thing.

What a completely misleading strategy to send shiny emails about George Martins highly anticipated new book...when it's actually just half of a book I already own which is being re-published for absolutely no reason.

Amazon really should clearly state that this is NOT a new book.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 12:18:47 GMT
how do you know if it is the entire book you got the 1st time. i bought the package of the first 4 from amazon and then the 5th one. how do i know that 5th one has this (new) part 2 in it x

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 12:52:12 GMT
John says:
If I hadn't read this I would have down loaded part two and have been extremely angry at this scam. I'd already bought the whole book last year. Amazon have not marketed this product clearly.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 14:28:21 GMT
A. Low says:
Was close to being suckered as well. Pretty disappointed with Amazon on their marketing.

Posted on 9 Mar 2012 10:41:37 GMT
Thank god this was a pre-order. Got the email while still sleepy and thought Great! and ordered it. Then thought about it and did some checking and cancelled the pre-order. Bit naughty to send the email to people who have already bought the whole book.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2012 18:35:19 GMT
What! This isnt a new book? i purchased Dance with Dragons last year and have just pre ordered part 2 nowhere does it say that this is not a new book, this is very bad, it is a rip off and a deliberate attempt to mislead people to purchase the same book twice. I also responded to an email which i imagine i got as i had already purchased Dance with Dragons
Luckily i have seen this post and will now cancel the order

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 18:45:47 GMT
Glad I read this list of reviews I can tell you, I was just about to buy it also, Amazon needs to sort out their discriptions and make clear the order of book series I spend ages working which is the first one to get.

Posted on 12 Mar 2012 21:22:52 GMT
thankyou for this warning- it is totally unfair of amazon to market this as a new book- it is a cynical ploy to scam money out of fans of the series- am very disappointed in the lack of clarity shown by amazon

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 11:04:59 GMT
David Gill says:
I was suckered, will try to get my money back, LOL !

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 12:50:21 GMT
D. Haetzman says:
The disappointment is .............. I have no words.

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 20:06:39 GMT
C. Fairhurst says:
Amazon should really not be allowed to advertise a "new" book in this case. I remember games I've bought on the classic xbox range, but they are never sold as "new".

Posted on 15 Mar 2012 20:13:23 GMT
C. Fairhurst says:
There is a simple option to get it returned, on your online account. I am glad that this option is available, and will now look for another book to read.

Posted on 17 Mar 2012 16:45:53 GMT
al says:
I think all the refunds and bad feeling will cause such a headache for Amazon that they won't attempt this type of marketing again. Whoever thought that annoying your customers was a good selling strategy needs their head examined.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 17:01:19 BDT
M. G. Lever says:
Once I realised I had read the book, I tried to cancel my purchase. Too late! Now I am out £5.99.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  8 Mar 2012
Latest post:  30 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions