2. The Nicked Knockwurst
3. Gruber Does Some Mincing
4. The Sausage in the Wardrobe
5. Flight of Fancy
6. Pretty Maids All in a Row
7. The Great Un-Escape
8. Prisoners of War
9. Camp Dance
10. Good Staff Are Hard to Find
11. The Flying Nun
12. The Sausages in the Trousers
13. The Jet-Propelled Mother-In-Law
The looks of exasperation on Rene's face upon Officer Crabtree's entrances to the cafe are priceless.
Do yourself a favour and purchase both boxsets of this BBC classic, I can't imagine this show being produced in these PC concious times.
Everyone is equally lampooned, the randy french,the dopey toffee nosed Englishmen, and the incompetant corrupt Germans who are hell-bent on stealing French artworks.
All in all a complete joy to watch with numerous laugh out loud scenes.
Now when will seasons 5-9 be released? form memory season 5 was a full 23 episodes? more than the usual 6-8.
It contains the following 12 episodes from Seasons 2 + 3
Episode titles: The Nicked Knockwurst, Gruber Does Some Mincing, The Sausage In the Wardrobe, Flight of Fancy, Pretty Maids All In A Row, The Great Un-Escape, Hans Goes Over the Top, Camp Dance, Good Staff Are Hard To Find, The Flying Nun, The Sausage In the Trousers, The Jet-Propelled Mother-In-Law.
It also has the first 60 minute Christmas special - The Gateau From The Chateau.
It's a pity that the DVD has no extras, but all Fans will be pleased with this one.
If you saw the first two series, you'll definitely love these next two series. The third series starts with the British airmen making a surprise comeback to the Cafe Rene. This is just the start of a variety of antics as the "brave" Rene and the members of the Resistance attempt to stall the German War Machine.
So watch out as;
* There are some frantic antics involving many devious schemes by Colonel von Strom, Captain Geering and Lieutenant Gruber, Rene, Edith and Yvette, and Herr Flick and Helga as they try to swap some sausages in General von Klinkerhoffen's wardrobe in the Chateau.
* The resistance cook and cock up more plans to help the escaping airmen, involving an antique vehicle rally.
* Rene and Edith advertise for a new waitress, with Rene having slightly different expectations than Edith.
* Tunnels being dug so the British airmen can tunnel INTO a prisoner of war camp. But will they make it in before General von Kinkerhoffen's inspection?
* Everyone but Officer Crabtree, Edith's mother and Monsieur Le Clerc make it to the prisoner of war camp, including Colonel von Strom and Captain Geering. Various plans are devised to help them escape. Who will make it out?
* Rene and the gang end up in a dust cart driven by Lieutenant Gruber. Why? Captain Geering manages to escape but is captured by the communist resistance, plus some weird and scary camp dance. Watch it!!!
* Captain Alberto Bertorelli, an over/undersexed Italian Captain, arrives in the town and he likes looking at paintings???
* Mimi, the new waitress learns to fly ON a kite!!! Watch it!!!
* An epidemic of German Knockwurst and Italian salami hits the Cafe Rene.
* Herr Flick being imprisoned, in a disguise as a woman of the opposite sex!!!
* The town convenience being blown up involving Edith, a grenade and a pin??? Meanwhile Edith's mother takes a very quick tour of a requisitioned vineyard on a motorized bath chair.
* Is it really possible that Rene had on his hands a genuine Van Gogh that involves his mother-in-law?
* Not forgetting Captain Geering's brilliant acting in "The Gateau from the Chateau", involving,(pause for breath), "the dart in the heart", "the pill in the till", "the drug in the jug", "the candle with the handle" and "the gateau from the chateau", in honor of the Kaiser's birthday. IT'S HILARIOUS.
If you ask me, there are some strange goings on in the small French town of Nouvion.
If all of these events weren't enough for you, wait for the other five series of 'Allo 'Allo, which will hopefully be brought out by the BBC soon. Hope this is helpful, Enjoy!!!
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions