Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 February 2013
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is an excellent knitter, and writes extremely enjoyable books, publishes her patterns and runs a knitting blog. If you are a knitting enthusiast and have never bought any of her books, read her blog or tried her knitting patterns
please have a look. I am sure you too will be captivated. My daughter and I are.
on 14 December 2011
As with her other books, thoroughly enjoyed it. Read it through quickly - now I am going to read it again. Look forward to new books by this same author.
on 27 November 2011
the book reassures the "wool hoarder" that she is not alone. Real laughs and a positive commentary on the addictive nature of knitting. Some tips too.
on 25 May 2013
I found the whole book sweet and gentle with a soft humour that allowed me to laugh along with her life but that was a perfect contrast to the moments of seriousness and sadness that briefly touch the life of a knitter.
on 1 January 2015
a fun book for people mad about knitting... so, this was (with others by same author), the best present to my daughter who has always got several knitting projects going on at the same time.
on 3 October 2013
Even if you don't knit I'm sure you'll enjoy this book as it deals with a lot of day to day situations. Of course, if you're a knitter and know Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's work you'll love it.
on 9 February 2012
If you are hooked on knitting and haven't yet come across this writer, I recommend you to put this book at the head of your "what I would like someone to give for my next birthday/Christmas present" list.
It is made up of a series of ruminations on life from a knitter's perspective, most of it all too familiar to the addicted, so it's good to know that you are not alone out there. Good to have a copy to pick up and put down, by the side of your bed, in the loo, on a boring journey.
on 9 November 2011
If you enjoy knitting and reading blogs you have probably come across the 'yarn harlot' blog by the author of this book. Like her blog, this is a witty look at her life often explaining why knitters are completely sane and it is everybody else that is mad. I think this is the third volume of essays she has published and they are all very good. Well worth a read.
on 2 April 2014
I bought this as a gift for my Mum who is an avid quilter, knitter and sewer, she absolutely loved it, so much so she ordered one for her friend!
on 8 November 2015
great book like her others, nice size for you hand bag, a knitters must.