Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 11 April 2004
This is the story of Thea and Ellie, two young women of the respectable middle-class, who seem to have no major problems in their lives. But Ellie has to endure an overbearing and ambitious mother, and Thea suffers at the hands of her brutal father. When things come to a head with her father, Thea is sent to live with her aunt who is very involved in charity work. Here Thea witnesses first-hand the effects of gruelling poverty, but she also experiences tolerance and affection that she has never known before. This and her meeting with the artist Robert Hedley force her to re-assess her middle-class values. But Thea is still alone, and with no guidance she has a long road to travel before she finds her true self. What I really liked about All Our Tomorrows were the subtle changes that took place in the main character and how she faltered before regaining her footing.
All Our Tomorrows is set against the backdrop of a thriving turn-of-the-century Newcastle, characterised by both opportunities and desperation, and is a conventional saga with a gentle nod to the suspense genre. A thoroughly engrossing novel.
on 17 May 2002
All Our Tomorrows drew me into the story and I hated to put it down. I cared about what happened to Thea Richardson and other characters in this Newcastle saga set in the early 1900s. All Our Tomorrows touches all the emotions, can make the reader laugh and cry.
on 30 December 2010
All our tomorrows, an excellent read, I enjoyed every minute and was sad to get nearer the end, didn't want to to finish.
A local book to the area around Cullercoats, Newcastle etc.
Loved it. Looking forward to more from this Author.
on 1 April 2015
great story when a girl is turn out of her home for you need to read the book to find out what happens to her.
on 7 August 2014
Good
on 2 May 2013
A story that kept me wanting to rread on! The characters were believable and well-described.
Some lovely twists and turns in the story as it developed - a great read!