on 28 June 2013
This book is OK but I found it US based with UK facts not clear. It also only goes part of the way to be a user guide.
It does get one started and it is quite easy to follow and is worth reading. However, it does not always give full step by step instructions which I would have liked. It fills the hole left by Amazon who do not provide a User Guide for the Kindle Fire HD other than to tell the user that it must be charged before use!!
Kindle Fire HD is basically an eReader but it does not explain the icons that appear when reading a book or document. Neither does it explain how to use bookmarks or how to highlight text.
It does not define the file formats that can be used on Kindle Fire HD.
Kindle Fire HD can become more useful with certain Apps but maybe that is not in the scope of this book. However the best Apps Book by the same authors does not cover increase functionality either.
on 25 February 2014
Having already had an earlier version of Kindle Fire, I was reasonably proficient with the device & was expecting much more from this by way of detailed nuances . I don't think this lives up to anywhere near the claim of becoming an "expert" in 2 hours, in fact it won't make you an expert at all.It's ok to get you started & there's the odd useful "tip", but other than that, very disappointing. Afraid I had to find my own way through intuition & trial & error.
However, it is better than the next to useless inbuilt user guide on the device
on 6 September 2013
Have not read it completely yet, but so far have found it ideal to learn how to use the Kindle HD Fire; should be provided with purchase of the tablet.
on 8 June 2015
Delighted with it - downloaded to my Kindle Paperwhite so that I could 'do my homework'. I am a 'Senior Surfer' addicted to iMacs. We had nothing else in schools. However, a relative bought a Kindle and persuaded me that I did not know what I was missing. I now love both of my Kindles, and, having a user guide to read as you become acquainted with the best thing since sliced bread suits me down to the ground. I am retired so do not want to spend precious time 'Pfaffing around' - highly recommend the book. Thanks.
on 15 December 2013
I have not been able to read right through this book purely because of time but I tend to use it if I am stuck. so far I have always found the answer
on 16 July 2013
An excellent book for someone like me who is a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to kindles etc!
on 1 June 2014
This arrived virtually instantly as most ebooks do. However, I was very disappointed as the writing was at best basic and I have not found anything that I could not have worked out for myself. The question that I did want answering is not shown anywhere in the book. I will be steering clear of these types of manuals and their writers in future.
on 10 January 2016
I had an early Fire hd and recently upgraded to an hd8. Such are the changes, and more so for me being without a smartphone, that guidance rather than outright help was needed. This book provided exactly that.

Well written and easy to understand. Very easy to refer back to if processes are forgotten.

A good purchase.
on 30 January 2016
It was my opinion that the writers assumed that everyone was compliant with the tablet prior to using the Fire HD 10.1 system a trait that the English radio fraternity assumes when operating a transmission radio, not always the case. Passed the book onto someone else who is familiar with the Fire HD.
on 8 May 2014
I received a Kindle 7" Fire HD this Christmas which I found difficult to use with no instructions, but I managed to get into buying a book, selected this and the rest is enjoyable history. A very easy to read book with all the instructions I wanted, which I still make reference to on occasion.