- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter today and get 25% off your next Amazon MP3 purchase and find out about free downloads, special deals, and new releases.
1.Intro/It's funny 9/10
2.You Aint Right/This song is very camp and also very old school Janet seems like it belongs on Rhythm Nation its not rubbish though 8/10
3.All For You/Pure class this is a great song pure pop a great song for Janet im glad it got the hype it deserved 10/10
4.2wayforyou (Interlude)/To me this kinda pointless it is a little funny 6/10
5.Come On Get Up/She was supposed to release this! I don't like it much its kinda borin its too dancy 7/10
6.When We Oooo/This is a great song i think this would have done well as a single i love the breathy vocals and the beat is great 10/10
7.China Love/The beat is so different this is a nice mellow track just lay back and listen Janet's soft voice suits this song perfectly 10/10
8.Love Scene (Ooh Baby)/What a great slowjam its really nice bit of a love maker its really sexy 10/10
9.Would You Mind/This song reminds me of something that was left of Velvet Rope it reminds me of Rope Burn i love this song it's great so so sexy 10/10
10.Lame (Interlude)/Yep men are lame at times 10/10
11.Trust A Try/Fan's wanted this to be a single it's so cool its got elements of rock and also pop its a great song 10/10
12.Clouds (Interlude)/Carly Simon chattin her rubbish lol 4/10
13.Son Of A Gun (Betcha Think This Song Is About You)/The remix is better but this is just as good i love the Bridge its the best part great choice for single 10/10
14.Truth/It's OK but it goes of for too long starts wearing thin 7/10
15.Theory (Interlude)/Just a studio conversation.... 5/10
16.Someone To Call My Lover/......Read more ›
(I, personally had baught the album for "Someone To Call My Lover".)
It was refreshing to start off with a candid recording session where Janet and a friend are discussing a dance step as they are unknowingly recorded by co-producer Jimmy Jam. After a brief mention of sexual innuendo, Janet does a classic impression of Fran Drescher that had me in stitches. We are invited out to a nightclub. Where the dancing is infectious and the lyrics are superbly written. One that stands out in the form of "You Ain't Right." A song about backstabbing and malicious intent, with one that she had come to trust as a friend. She has been flirting, and had made it clear that it's "All For You". Worries are cast aside by the end of "Come On Get Up". The stage is set for a slow dance in "When we OOOO". Janet gets her man and we are whisked away to her bedroom where she softly seduces him with "China Love". He has succumbed to her ways in "Love Scene" (My favorite song on this album) and "Would You Mind", an unexpected and hilarious look at lovemaking. She wants him to know that she is not like any woman he had dealt with in his lifetime with "Trust A Try". Janet soon finds that he's like all the others. Vain, dominating, and manipulative. That "Son Of A Gun"! And the "Truth" is she had a life before him. So she's off again. In search of "Someone To Call My Lover".Read more ›
* You Ain't Right:- Scary first few seconds, which came after an even scarier impersonation of Fran Drescher in the first interlude. But once this track gets going, it's really interesting, and dancey. Definitely the most experimental on the album, and a good starting point. THIS ONE IS A GROWER... you may not like it straight off.
* All For You:- If you don't know this funky, catchy dance choon by now, SHAME ON YOU.
* Come On Get Up:- One of my faves on the album. Brilliant Indian beat running right the way through it, and a VERY catchy chorus. A bit of a "Go Deep" part 2.
* When We Oooo:- Not at all what I expected when I saw the title. Rather than being like "Rope Burn" (as I expected), it was "All For You's" version of "Everytime" or "Again". A really sweet ballad about sharing a spiritual bond with someone, and a DEFINITE future single.
* China Love:- This song is quite nice and has a sweet melody and an interesting mixture of Chinese and Indian influences, it's the start of a weak, sex-obsessed part of the album. Not brilliant.
* Love Scene (Ooh Baby):- CRAP in a word. This song is really one of the only reason that the album didn't get 5 stars. No tune, and seems to last forever (even though it's the shortest song on the album). What were you thinking Janet?!
* Would You Mind:- Well, well, well... what have we here?!Read more ›