It's the 1974/75 TV season, Nixon is finally out of office (hello Gerald Ford), gas and food prices are still sky high, and Norman Lear dominates half the Top 10 of the TV ratings: at #9 is Maude, at #7 Good Times, which knocked ABC's Happy Days out of the Top 30 for the season, #4 is The Jeffersons, the second spin-off from All In The Family, #2 Sanford and Son and #1 (for the fourth season in a row), All In The Family.
1. The Bunkers and Inflation, Part One (14/9/74): It's Archie and Edith's 26th wedding anniversary, and Archie's union goes on strike... 10/10
2. The Bunkers and Inflation, Part Two (21/9/74): Archie is still on strike, and when he's not picketing, he's at home, getting in Edith's way. 7.5/10
3. The Bunkers and Inflation, Part Three (28/9/74): Archie is STILL on strike, and Edith and Mike end up getting jobs, Edith's being at a certain drycleaners... 9.5/10
4. The Bunkers and Inflation, Part Four (5/10/74): Archie's union finally resolves the strike, but with Archie being in an even worse position. 9.5/10
5. Lionel the Live-In (12/10/74): After a high-decibel late night argument with his father over his girlfriend, Lionel temporarily moves into the Bunker house. 10/10
6. Archie's Helping Hand (19/10/74): Archie gets Irene a job at his plant, not knowing it's one with him... 9/10
7. Gloria's Shock (26/10/74): Mike announces to Gloria that he doesn't want to have any children, shocking and angering Gloria. 9.5/10
8. Where's Archie?, Part One (2/11/74): While Edith is hosting a Tupperware party, Archie hasn't called from Buffalo, meaning he didn't make it to his lodge convention... 6/10.
9. Where's Archie?, Part Two (9/11/74): Edith, Gloria and Mike continue their search for Archie, and it turns out he is NOT with a lady by the name of "Boom-Boom" Turner, which makes Edith more stressed... 8/10.
10. The Longest Kiss, aka Where's Archie?, Part Three (16/11/74): Archie finally gets home after two days, and finds Mike and Gloria kissing in his chair. 9/10
11. Archie and the Miracle (23/11/74): Archie is almost killed at work by a crate of machinery and all of a sudden turns into a devout Christian. 10/10
12. George and Archie Make a Deal (30/11/74): George is running for the Republican Party council and needs Archie's signature for a petition. However, the capital gain George wanted backfires... 10/10
13. Archie's Contract (7/12/74): Archie sings a deal to get his house protected from heat, but doesn't know the real terms and conditions behind that.... 10/10
14. Mike's Friend (14/12/74): Mike's friend from college Stewart comes to visit, and Mike makes Gloria feel very dumb and slave-like. 10/10
15. The Best of All In The Family, Part One (21/12/74): Henry Fonda hosts this 100th episode celebratory clip show. 10/10
16. The Best of All In The Family, Part Two (21/12/74): See review for Part One.
17. Prisoner in the House (4/1/75): A prisoner as part of a rehab program is helping out a local plumber with the Bunkers' plumbing, and Archie is not too happy. 9/10
18. The Jeffersons Move Up (11/1/75): This episode serves as the pilot for the hit AITF spinoff The Jeffersons, the first episode of which premiered the following week, and shows the Jeffersons interacting with their new neighbours.... 8/10.
19. All's Fair (18/1/75): Mike and Gloria tell Edith to take action about the way Archie pins her down in fights, which she does a little too well. 10/10
20. Amelia's Divorce (25/1/75): Edith can't wait for her cousin Amelia and her husband Russell to come over, but it turns out not all is well in paradise. 9/10
21. Everybody Does It (8/2/75): When Archie borrows some tools from work, he tries to defend himself against stealing them, especially in front of Irene. 9/10
22. Archie and the Quiz (15/2/75): Archie feels really bummed when a life expectancy quiz gives him only 6 more years to live. 10/10
23. Edith's Friend (22/2/75): Edith goes to a friend's wedding in Scranton, and bumps into an old "friend". 7.5/10
24. No Smoking (1/3/75): Archie and Mike have a heated contest over who can go without their respective desire for 48 hours - cigars for Archie, and food for Mike! 10/10
25. Mike Makes His Move (8/3/75): Archie and Edith have finally paid off their mortgage, and after MANY negotiations, Mike and Gloria move into the old Jefferson house. 10/10
Average rating for first season: 7.88/10
Average rating for second season: 9.03/10
Average rating for third season: 9.25/10
Average rating for fourth season: 9.27/10
Average rating for fifth season: 9.1875/10