on 20 March 2010
This game is pretty good. The graphics are really unusual, nothing spectacular but it's nice to have a game that looks different. I would like to say that the pictures shown by amazon are NOT what the game looks like so do not be mislead- I think the pictures they have shown are from the Wii version of the game.
In the game you play as Alice, The Rabbit, Absolem, Cheshire Cat and the Mad Hatter. You play through each section of the map, collecting puzzle pieces (which you assemble on the map) rewards from chests, new character abilities and meet new people on the way.
I haven't completed the game yet but am enjoying it so far and think that it is good value for money. It is fun to play, it looks good and there are some good tasks to complete.
My main faults with it are that it's a little repetitive. You have to defeat red knights quite often and it does get quite tedious. It is quite easy to get lost and you have to search through each section of the map a few times in order to collect everything. Some of the treasure chests require you to use your DSi camera to match the colour shown on the screen which is a good idea but it leaves you in a mad rush trying to find something blue, red, green, black etc. Also, it rarely detects the colours on time which is frustrating and quite a large flaw. Also, when you finally open the chest you usually only get a "bonus picture" which has no point or purpose. I think it would have been better if they gave you more of a rewarding prize.
Overall, I think it's a good game that's worth giving a try!
on 22 April 2010
I bought this game because I loved the movie and I really liked the look of the game. It's a fun and cute game and follows the story of the film. The grapics are really cool but then I really like the dark, Tim Burton-esque stuff. The bug bears I have with this game is that it's too short and pretty easy. The final boss was REALLY easy to defeat! Having said those things, I did like the game but there are many better DS games out there.
on 3 April 2010
I was a little nervous about buying this game (generally tie-ins are not the best) but reviews were good so I went ahead. I wish I hadn't. The game involves endless tedious wandering around. All the battles are the same and after a time just become an irritation. The puzzles have so many clue markers that you cannot fail to solve them with little more than trial and error. The game has gone for black and white with purple theme (I guess some kind of tie in with the film (I haven't seen it yet) but it just makes it bland.

Positives for this game: the game concept is good and the controls are quite nice.

Negatives: To much wandering. Game too short. And very little challenge.

For me games fall into 3 categories, ones I want to keep forever, ones I play then give to friends and one's I wouldn't even inflict on my friends. This one goes into the last category.

Don't buy.
on 5 May 2013
So I might be a bit useless when playing DS games in general, but this one is very tough sometimes. There are parts that I was stuck at and in spite of my efforts, I lost my patience with it and just looked up the walkthrough guide on youtube to see what my next step should be. But I could see kids playing this and succeeding without many problems, I imagine they'd be more focused, dedicated and their imagination is wider to help them pass parts that I just could not figure out, and then I was hitting my forehead in disbelief when I found out what I was supposed to do (because it was just soooo straightforward!). Anyway, I think anyone could enjoy this game as long as they can completely switch off from reality and just allow their inner child let its imagination run wild :).
on 22 November 2014
bought as a stocking filler for my daughter look a brilliant game from pics on the back will update after xmas! ok its a really good game a bit tricky and cant get past a certain bit but im sure if you had more patience than us its brilliant
on 21 September 2013
I play my DS a lot and I finished this game within a few days but its well worth playing since it doesnt cost that much and it is fun while you're playing. No matter I enjoyed playing this game the first time, I wouldnt play it again and by the end it gets a little repetitive. In any case, I would definitely recommend getting it even if you only play it once.
on 4 April 2010
Well, not much more to say than what's in the title really...

The graphics are good, interesting and different. The music and the characters go together well, although the music is recycled a lot throughout the game! The controls are great really, it's all done on the touch screen and you have various different moves that you can do with the stylus. As one of the other reviews said, there is a lot of wandering around and the battles are all the same and quite repetitive but I enjoyed playing the game and I know that my sister will too. Having said that, there isn't enough enjoyment in it to play it again but I am glad I got it in the first place!
on 20 October 2010
This is really entertaining for any fans of the movie. I started playing and got so addicted I hardly wanted to put my DS away :D I recommend this to anyone who knows the story of Alice in Wonderland!
on 15 December 2014
Didn't work properly but got a refund
on 22 April 2011
Personally, I don't enjoy terribly complex games, or action, fighting, shoot-em-up games. So I LOVED THIS.

The art is just divine, and the mini quests are great fun without being too taxing. Once you remember all the special moves, you're well on your way to completion, and it also makes use (albeit fairly limited) of the DSi's camera to match colours that gain you extra prizes.

The dialogue is very funny, and like I said, the art is to die for. It's the most gorgeous game to watch! And it didn't take a million shut-down and restarts to beat the end, so I loved it.