on 18 November 2000
More praise from the Nottingham area! I agree that this was one of the best TV westerns ever. What a delight to see the two stars and guest stars again; everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, just like this fan used to! I too was very sad at the untimely death of Pete Duel and thought he was especially good in this role. I hope we can look forward to more releases.
on 31 October 2003
I have been a fan of this series since it first started in 1971. I was sorry to see it taken off the air. I've watched the re-runs ever since. I agree with the other comments--they need to release ALL of the shows on video, although these three are among the best!! Please pass our comments on to the folks at Universal. Maybe they will hear our pleas for MORE!! Even if you've never seen the series, if you're a western fan, you will LOVE THESE!! They are reminiscent of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "Maverick". In fact it was produced by the same guys who produced Maverick. You can't go wrong with these!!
on 29 October 2001
agree with all so far. a fantastic three hours of total enjoyment. looks like it could have been made today. please release the whole pete duel ben murphy series.
on 5 May 2015
In the write up it had stated that there was a bonus disc and also the wanted poster, this is misleading as when I enquired as to the absence of the poster I was advised that it was no longer available. This has not spoilt the enjoyment of have the complete series along with the recollections of Ben Murphy and Roger Davis, it was just disappointing that the poster was not included as indicated in the write up.
on 24 February 2002
I was a bit unsure about this, since I normally dislike westerns, but this was brilliant! It's clever as well as funny and not as predictable as I thought it would be. I hope they release more of the series.
on 21 October 2000
Great value for money a show that was clever and funny, some great cameo performances such as Burl Ives, Pete and Ben were great working together.Any chance of the rest of the shows being released?
on 18 April 2000
I really looked forward to seeing this as I've been a massive fan since my early teens. The stories are just as exciting and funny as I remember them and the picture quality was great too!
on 1 July 2014
I am presently awaiting arrival of this set and hoping that it will play on UK dvd players , particularly as it includes a disc featuring interviews with Ben Murphy and Roger Davis . However the series was marvellous and it will be lovely to see and enjoy their escapades again.
on 15 March 2000
Easy going series, great storylines, light humour, beautifully played especially by Pete Duel,a brief shining star who left this wonderful memento for us western fans. Nearly 30 years old, these 3 episodes are as fresh today. Treat yourself.
on 1 January 2016
Loved this, brought back memories from childhood. Particularly loved the bonus disc with the interview with Ben Murphy and Roger Davis. Does anyone know when this interview was done?