Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Apr 2009 10:45:55 BDT
Dr Evil says:
There's 2 new Alex Cross books (by James Patterson) coming out later this year - "I, Alex Cross" which is the next in the long running series (which I'm really looking forward to) and "Alex Cross's Trial" a book which goes into his grandmother's background and looks at black history in the early 20th century in general.

I just can't believe Patterson is putting Cross's name on a new history book (like the King Tutt one) just to sell more copies - so many people will fall for this expecting a new thriller, it makes me sick! I once thought that Patterson was an excellent author with some top quality titles but just recently there's more quantity than quality, releasing about 10(!!!) books a year, all being pretty average, and now he is blatantly ripping his readers off by misleading them this way.

Alex Cross fans - please just beware that "Alex Cross's Trial" is NOT a part of the series!

Posted on 25 Apr 2009 11:51:44 BDT
I couldn't agree more with KM. James Patterson has certainly gone downhill, just what is his game? Along Came A Spider and most of the early Alex Cross series were really gripping, the last one Cross Country was very disappointing in my opinion! So much so I have found other authors to read!! Erica Spindler and Tess Gerritson are clear winners, give them a go I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2009 13:41:09 BDT
shansu69 says:
This is basically James Patterson Inc ......the writing factory that can churn out 6-10 books a year all JP does is write a very detailed 30 page storyline and then get his 'co writer' whom ever that may be to fill in the details and make a book out of it the way JP writes not in chapters but in scenes makes it far easier to plot and get the required number of beats to keep the reader interested.
Dont buy them get them from the library........

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2009 13:42:00 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 12 May 2009 13:42:28 BDT]

Posted on 15 Sep 2009 20:36:50 BDT
A. Chowdhury says:
he has signed contract to write 17 book by end of 2012 so I have been informed
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  2 Apr 2009
Latest post:  15 Sep 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Alex Cross's Trial: (Alex Cross 15)
Alex Cross's Trial: (Alex Cross 15) by James Patterson (Paperback - 30 Sep 2010)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (182)