Edition: Special Edition
In this story-driven and intense Psychological Action Thriller, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer's block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife.
Set in the seemingly idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, "Alan Wake" draws players into an intense, cinematic world that enables players to explore the hyper-realistic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is structured in an episodic format, much like a thriller TV-series, with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling plot twists and profound character revelations in nearly every episode.
Players will unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against the darkest of enemies. In this nightmarish world, where the boundaries between reality and fiction become increasingly blurred and ambiguous, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the darkness - light itself.
Intense psychological thriller. “Alan Wake” delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plot that raises the bar of storytelling in video games. The riveting story of “Alan Wake” is further intensified by a movie-like atmosphere, compelling situations, memorable characters and real-time pacing. Remedy has a record of creating and developing games with unique
cinematic presentation and exceptionally high production values.
The developer makes use of all gaming technology at hand to tell a powerful story that immerses the gamer in the intense emotion and suspense of Alan Wake’s thrilling adventure.
• Light as a combat element. As the story progresses, nights grow longer and days grow shorter. This poses a severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly gain strength from the shadows, and before long light itself becomes his greatest ally.
Players must skilfully combine their use of light with more conventional weapons to stand a chance against these Taken.
• Realistic, interactive environment. Set in the town of Bright Falls, the hyper detailed environments of the Pacific Northwest play an important role; even the change in daylight and weather will profoundly affect the characters and enemies. The game’s advanced rendering engine provides amazingly realistic environments that bring this world to detailed life — from the lush forest of evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildings and streets. The world of “Alan Wake” is alive and real.
• Episodic narrative. The mission-based structure of “Alan Wake” creates an episodic narrative similar to a deeply structured dramatic television series. As the episodes progress, gameplay will evolve to introduce new elements and characters, escalating the level of threat and action in the game.
• Stereoscopic 3D support. Alan Wake for PC supports the 3D NVision from NVidia. Although fairly performance-heavy (high end GPU such as the GeForce 580GTX and moderate graphics settings are recommended), this is a real eye-candy and further augments the already vivid, detailed, and wonderful environment.
· Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before
· High-res textures
· Refined and High–res shadows
· Improved lighting further enhanced by additional god rays and cleanly covered surroundings
· Extremely responsive and refined controls for the PC platform (i.e. direct and precise response to keyboard and mouse input)
· No Auto-Aiming
· No squishy aiming behavior
· Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (Microsoft Xbox 360 controller is of course supported as well)
· A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
· Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
· Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
· Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
· The amount of 3D is adjustable
· Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D
· The amount of 3D is adjustable
- Premium packaging
- Disc 1: Main game plus both DLCs „The Signal“ and „The Writer“
- Disc 2: OST of the game including 13 Tracks (Audio-CD)
- 6 Post cards with different pictures/scenes from the game
- 1 poster (printed on both sides)
- 7 stickers with different pictures/scenes/characters from the game
A brilliantly told story, excellent voice acting, and an atmosphere so unnerving you'll sleep with the lights on for a month The Escapist - (5/5)
Great entertainment ... a tough game to put down once you've started IGN - (9/10)
"Unique and special “ Destructoid -( 9.0 -- Superb)
"Alan Wake is a fantastic game with very unusual, yet extremely enjoyable, combat mechanics and a creepy storyline" Gamers Revenge - (9/10)
"Alan Wake has an atmosphere that makes use of horror, suspense, and humor to create something WhatIfGaming.com
"Alan Wake is one of the most engaging protagonists we've come across in a video game in some time “ Telegraph.co.uk -( 9/10)
"Flawless pacing ensures a compulsive experience” The Independent -( 5/5)
"Alan Wake is a story for any fan of supernatural horror, gamer or not and I want more games like this." MSNBC -(9/10)
“Alan Wake is a scary, bold, beautiful game” FileFront - (9/10)
"a stunning action game, a superbly scripted adventure and a technical showcase" Videogamer.com - (9/10)
" Remedy has created a masterpiece." Gamingtrend - (95/100)
"Atmospheric, gripping, gorgeous, and clever” IncGamers - (9/10)
"Alan Wake is a brilliant piece of storytelling and one that is going to stand out as an example of single-player gaming done right." Worthplaying - (9/10)
"The graphics are beautiful and gorgeous. Character models are great, clothing looks realistic, and the outdoor environments are absolutely stunning." About.com - (4/5) Game of the year 2010, TIME Magazine.
This product's forum
Edition: Special Edition
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions