4.6 out of 5 stars1,319
Colour: White LotusSize: 0.6LChange

on 9 February 2014
I'm so glad I bought this bottle, I needed a large water bottle for uni and one that wouldn't leak all over my books. I have carried this upside down, shook it about and I can happily say, this bottle does not leak (provided of course it is closed tightly!).
- The top unscrews in two ways, the whole unit comes off to fill it up, and the blue lid (above the grey band which is rubber to enable easy grip on the different sections) unscrews to enable drinking through a 2cm nozzle.
- The strap isn't detachable, which wasn't a problem for me.
- Delivery was super quick (2 working days from order).
- I love the print, its super cute.
- Dimentions: height 24cm, diameter 7cm, slightly curves in at the middle

One minor problem, not related to the bottle, this might have just been mine, but when I unpacked the bottle, there was a sticker that when peeled off left sticky residue that refused to budge, luckily, I remembered an old trick where you spread peanut butter on the residue, leave for 20 secs then wash off. I did this twice and that removed the residue completely.
0Comment49 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2013
Did I mention that I love this water bottle? I wanted a water bottle for my desk at work as I always noticed how much more water I drink when I can do so out of my own cistern. Initially I thought I might prefer a glass water bottle, having had experience drinking from one while I was temping at another company. However, while I loved that the water didn't have an aftertaste with the glass bottle, I knew that with my clumsy self, before long I would look like an idiot at work by sending my glass water bottle shattering all over the floor of the office.

So, I was determined to find a water bottle that fit in with my clumsy lifestyle but still gave me the flavourless flavour I have come to crave in water. When I happened upon this badboy, I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

The water bottle is long and thin with a gorgeous pattern on it that makes the water look oh so purdy! I also get no yucky aftertaste - score! I like the wide opening for drinking as you get a proper mouthful, like others have said. Additionally, it doesn't leak. Even when I'm too lazy to wash it out before the weekend and just throw it in my draw with water still in it - I come back to work on Monday and that important quarterly report that acted as a bed for my bottle is still dry as a bone!

The only negative is the strap, I think. It's not detachable, which makes me think in time it will get rather grotty if it gets wet from washing. I am super careful with it, however, so thus far I have been able to avoid getting it wet in the sink, thus this potential negative has not been enough to make me drop my review down a star.

I cannot recommend it more.
on 2 January 2014
I wanted a water bottle that I can use for both taking to the gym and also the office, therefore it had to be leak proof to withstand both scenarios. If you're like me and you're worried about some reviewers saying it leaks whilst others seem to have no problem, then do not worry and go ahead and buy this bottle.

The first bottle I ordered arrived and I did my first test where I filled it with water and turned it on its side, shook it a bit and then left it on it's side for about 2 hours. It leaked about a tablespoon of water. The second test I did was to take it in my backpack to the gym, of which it leaked again in my backpack (was not in a fixed compartment). I was disappointed but remembered one reviewer mentioning she ordered a replacement which did not leak. So I reported the bottle as faulty and asked for a replacement.

The second bottle I did the same test (whilst repeating the tests on the old bottle at the same time in order to compare). However, not only did the second bottle not leak, but the first bottle was no longer leaking. I took the second bottle to the gym and I'm happy to say that it withstood any shakes from walking and functioned perfectly as a sports bottle.

As a result I took another look at the first bottle and I have come to the following conclusion. Both bottles work perfectly, however, you need to close both lids tightly. You might think this is obvious, but I mean you need to really close the lids as strong as possible. I believe the other reviewers that reported leaks, did not tightly seal either the top lid or the main opening lid.

In conclusion, I'm happy with my bottle, I've taken it to the gym and to work a few times now and no leaking. The opening is great to drink from; you don't have to suck from the bottle and also this means you don't make loud bottle noises when the air gets sucked back in.

I would recommend to friends. If you're concerned, just buy it from amazon and test it yourself, if it does leak then return it as faulty, but before you do, make sure the leads are as tightly sealed as possible and then test it again before you return it.
88 comments86 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These Aladdin Aveo bottles are absolutely brilliant - we have quite a few of them and use them an awful lot.

This particular size is the larger bottle which they produce, taking 600 ml. It is a very good size for longer days out or going to exercise in the gym etc.

The lid on these bottles is quite secure, and I have never had a problem with leakage in my bag.

They are BPA free which many of the cheaper bottles we used to purchase are not. I seem to be hearing more and more about the importance of being BPA free these days and the fact that these are makes me more comfortable allowing my young children to use these bottles. My three year old takes one into nursery with her and really likes it. These bottles also survive being dropped quite regularly - we have only had one breakage which I find amazing considering how much we use these bottles.

The spout on the bottle is easy and comfortable to drink from. There is also a carry loop on the bottle. I've never seen the need for this!

The bottles are dishwasher safe and are therefore hygienic.

Overall, I'm very pleased with both how these bottles look (they are a nice design) and their performance.

on 14 October 2014
I love this bottle however it has started to leak which is a torture as I usually carry it in my bag I take to uni with all my books, has leaked all over my car seat also. I have looked after it well and am screwing the lid on perfectly so can't understand why it's leaking! Such a shame as I really love the idea of the bottle as I can put slices of lime etc in my water
on 1 July 2013
Pros:
- looks great and stylish, with cute pattern and colour-scheme
- made from sturdy plastic
- no 'flip up' or biting mechanism to drink, just screw the top off
- no leaks so far (1 week's usage), though wouldn't throw it around my bag
- handy strap
- big opening (once both top parts are screwed off) makes it easy to add ice to keep the drink cool for longer
- all parts are quite big and easy to clean, even the sip
- keeps even sparkling drinks (normally the 'flip up' sips don't work with this, as they shoot out a spray of the drink when you open it), though the bottle instructions say it shouldn't be used for this, I found it still works well

Cons:
- expensive (I paid £9.99, which I thought was a lot, but have noticed it's now £11.99 a few days later?!)
- fabric strap is not removable (so soaks when washing the bottle - that said, it does dry out quickly)
- very big for 'only' 0.6l, especially the coral screw on 'cap' could be much smaller as the size serves no purpose
- random grey rubber band seems to serve no purpose but might get a bit manky after a while
- some scratches on my bottle already, despite taking care with it

Would recommend it for office, home or picnic use, but not to be chucked around a bag or for sports.

on 28 March 2014
Absolutely love this bottle. I was looking for a good quality bottle that I could just throw in my bag and wouldn't leak. I've had it for a few weeks now and it's been on numerous adventures and so far I haven't had a single problem with it. Great quality bottle and it looks lovely.

on 21 February 2014
I bought this almost a year ago (back when the price was a mere £5.99 and it is still going strong! I've never had a problem with leaks and although I'm sure I've dropped it a few times, it shows minimal sign of damage. It has definitely encouraged me to drink more water at uni, and I no longer have to keep buying water bottles so I know I'm doing the environment a favour too. The only downside might be the size, but I find that as long as I'm not carrying more than a notepad or laptop and pencil case, it fits well inside my bag. I've also gotten several comments and questions from people asking me where I got it from and also bought the smaller version for my grandmother to take when she goes to her classes. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a BPA free bottle!