on 7 November 2013
I've had these wellies for just under a year now and I can say they are very robust; nothing seems to phase them. The boot's have suffered plenty of bumps and scrapes without ill-effect. I use them in a maritime environment and they cope very well with the sea water - in other-words the boots haven't fallen apart yet, unlike many other bonded boots and wellies that do. The Bottillon's are very comfortable, the ankle support is excellent, as is the thick, hiking-boot style sole. With this in mind, they're plenty suitable for everyday walking so would suit the avid dog walker, etc. The boots come upto 1 inch under MY calf muscle. A benefit of this is the Bottillon's don't have that 'claustrophobic' feel of full sized wellies. Also, your trousers can be easily lifted over them for when you enter an urban environment.

As with all wellies they can get a BIT sweaty in HOT weather (I wore them in summer and they were just about bearable). I recommend that you don't buy wellies in black as black absorbs more heat than other colours.
on 3 June 2013
I bought these to replace some cheaper boots that perished after a year. I am hoping that they will last a bit longer for this price! I was put off by recent disappointing reviews of Hunters. I wear the Aigles a lot, beekeeping, gardening, and they need to be easily put on and taken off and wide enough to accommodate my wide calves and jeans etc. So far so good, and they do seem far more comfortable than those flat plasticky ' fashion' ones. I opted for the eu size 40, as I take a uk size6 and they are fine. They are not the most elegant wellies in the world, but hey, the bees don't mind!