on 30 December 2012
How very disappointing. Having studied SOE (particularly F Section) for over 40 years, I am quite surprised that this book was published, with the author seeming to have such limited knowledge and researched so little. If he hadn't been able to refer to and quote Leo Marks, Maurice Buckmaster and one or two others I don't quite know what he would have done!

£20 is rather a lot to pay, although I will say I was glad to see more photos of Didi. But no, I'm sorry - this is not a good read, nor is it a good point of reference.
on 17 March 2013
Whilst I enjoyed reading this book I did find several errors in its text,
I found errors in RAF ranks, men were given femail ranks, at that time only the ATA had women pilots. Flight officer was the female equivalent of the male Flying Officer.
Also there were many errors though out the book such as on page 86 which were as followes, and i quote, "Exacty how was he was involved" these errors I can only put down to poor proof reading.
on 3 November 2013
well-written = author sticking to his topic/ person he wants us to know (more) about. most shocking to me was the fact she received no funding/pension for her work from the British government.
the author repeatedly states Eileen had no other sources of income - my main question afterwards was, how did she manage to cope with this situation ; where did she get any money from to live ? before her niece started taking an interest in her ?
on 5 October 2012
I have bought and read all of Bernad oconnors books and this one isnt all that good.There just isnt enough information on this special lady ,should have come out in paper back as there is not to much about this lady in the book.
on 12 March 2013
I first heard of Eileen Nearne on the TV programme Heir Hunters. So when I saw this book I was eager to learn more about her. The book is slim and only one third is about Eileen. A lot of her war records have been lost. But there is no question she was exceedingly brave. If you want to know, in great detail, how agents were prepared for their work overseas, then this is the book for you. Maybe Eileen would be relieved her secrets have gone with her to the grave, enough she is now remembered in Torquay for her courage during the war.
on 25 September 2015
A bit repetitive but worth a read nevertheless. She was truly a remarkable woman.
on 7 December 2015
not so good as I thought it would be, written from records not first person
on 4 July 2015
No story just facts about what may of happend.
on 29 April 2016
qwick delivery great seller great book thanks
on 11 June 2015